“Walk and Talk Florence with Mario”

Walk and Talk Florence
Ranked #230 of 359 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: A pleasant walk in Florence is just what you need to be introduced to the city and its splendor and secular heritage! Our tour explores the historic and architectural evolution factors from the Roman foundation through medieval centuries and its Renaissance glorious period up to modern time Florence. Also stop for a surprise “tasting”!
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Mario is a great tour guide. My brother and I were very lucky to receive a private walk and talk tour in Florence that day. We spent 2.5 hours learning not only about the history of such a lovely city but about the different styles of art. He also introduced us to the part of Florence that is not visited by tourists so we could explore the actual city traditions. He is very knowledgeable and answered all of al questions.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

If I had received the same tour that other reviewers appeared to have then I would not be disappointed but all I got was a 2 hour lecture on the difference between renaissance and medieval art. The only notable place we visited was the Duomo but even that was just telling us how it was built. The rest of the time was spent looking at sculptures inside and outside churches and being tested on how we knew what sort of art it was. I sneaked away with half an hour to go as I was bored to tears.

Edoardo G, Guest Relations Manager at Walk and Talk Florence, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Michael,

we appreciate the time and effort you have spared to give us this review. We always accept all reviews as an essential element in our strive to continually maintain and exceed expectations, as well as provide the highest standards on our tours.

We are sorry you didn't fully appreciate this guided walking tour of the city centre.
I would say that, if you were not interested in the city art and history and its main spots, then this tour wasn't actually the right one for you.
I get this impression when I read your words "The only notable place we visited was the Duomo".
During this walk, the guides lets you discover Piazza della Signoria with the town hall Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo, the Baptistery with its ‘Gates of Paradise’, Giotto’s independent bell tower, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Santa Trinita and Orsanmichele Church, Pontevecchio Bridge and the secret Vasari Corridor, as well as famous shopping streets and the Oltrarno – the fourth and last district, the manual crafts neighbourhood.
It's pretty surprising that, of all the spots that this tour visits, you only liked the Duomo.

Florencetown offers a variety of other tours, ranging from museum visits to cooking classes, from fun and active tours in the Tuscan countryside by bike, vespa or horseback riding, to wine tours... I am sure you could have found something that could better suit you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Florence and to one of our other tours.

Best regards
Edoardo Giacometti
Operations Manager - Florencetown

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had a great tourguide, Eliza. She had funny and interesting anecdotes about the history of the city. Ask for her when you book a tour!

The tour lasts 2,5 hour and takes you from the historical centre over the Arno, to the other side of the river. We enjoyed the walk and had a good time learning more about the city and its inhabitants.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was travelling with my mum and my sister and for our last day in Florence decided to take do a Walk and talk tour of the city on our last day. We organised this at the office on the morning of the tour which was great so deciding to do the tour at the last minute wasn't a problem at all. Mario Gesu was our guide and he was fantastic. He was so passionate about his city and was able to give us all the same feeling. In fact we could have gone for longer than the two and a half hours that we had. I would recommend this tour for anyone.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is the ONLY way to get the true feel of Florence. Vanessa was bright, well informed and a pleasure to be with. We took in all the important sites of Florence; welcoming the history behind this wonderul city. She told the facts in a way that made us want to know more and more about this cultural city. We would highly recommend this tour to all!!
And, since it was only my husband and myself, we had a guest chef, Andre, who gave us incite to the foods available by recommending a small place for lunch, Borgoantico on the Piazza S. Spirito, pizza to die for. The atmosphere was JUST what we were looking for; a small; comfortable eatery. I am so grateful we chose this tour and extremely fortunate to have shared it with Vanessa and Andrea *******