“Outstanding”

Freya's Florence Tours
Ranked #25 of 412 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Freya Middleton is a private tour guide of Florence with ten years of experience. Renaissance Art History undergraduate and postgraduate degrees provide the solid foundation for her knowledge of the monuments and sites, and this, mixed with abundant enthusiasm, humour and a genuine love for Italy make Freya's Florence tours a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable experience. Specialising in all ages and covering artistic, historical and gastronomic interests. Full and half day options.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My friends and I went to Florence to see Michelangelo's statues (after reading The Agony And The Ecstasy") and hired Freya to suggest a guide that specializes in art. We were lucky enough to get Sashia (pronounced Sasha) who studied art history in Florence as a student and was extremely knowledgeable about everything Michelangelo (and all other artists during the Renaissance). We spent three days with her (and she even recommended an obscure church in Rome when we went there for a day). It had Michelangelo's "Christ Rising" there and was near our hotel. I recommend her enthusiastically and without qualification. She even presented me with a birthday bottle of wine when my friends told her we were also celebrating my birthday that week!

2  Thank mklement
in 17 reviews
"florence tour"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Sara from Freya's Tours took our family on a 3 hour walking tour of Florence on July 21, 2013. Our children are 7, 9, and 11. This was our last tour of a 2 week trip in Italy and I was concerned that our children might not be interested in seeing any more churches, art or historic sites. Thanks to Sara, I was wrong! She kept them constantly engaged and interested. She took us to some of the most popular sites as well as some lesser known ones (a home from the 1300s that you could tour - complete with trap doors, bathrooms, and safes) and a palace (Palazzo Strozzi) with a wonderful cafe in the beautiful atrium for a snack break. She is a gifted teacher and we learned so much from her. I highly recommend this tour.

2  Thank Jay D
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing informative private tour of the hidden gems of Florence. I had been to Florence many times before but wanted a unique tour . We cannot recommend it highly enough .
Anne Dublin

2  Thank AnneOD58
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had a feeling that doing private tours, which we had never done before, was going to be the best option for my family of five having two teens (18 and 16) and a 12 year old and wanting to keep them engaged and excited about the places we were going to visit. After searching around on the Internet I contacted a few companies and right from the start had the best feeling from Freya. She answered all my big and little questions and got us guides in both Rome and Florence which I have to say were all amazing! We learned so much from Olga, Nicholas and Helen never once being bored and always finding out something new and interesting that helped to bring the cities and places alive. It was also wonderful to be able to pass the long lines that were filled with other tourists. Doing private tours can be a bit costly, though Freya's fees were certainly reasonable, but if you can manage it, it really is the best way to experience Rome and Florence with a family.

2  Thank MargaretP4206
See more reviews
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I were in Italy last June 2012. There were 16 of us, three generations, ages ranging from 7 to 70 years old. We spent a few days in Florence and Freya, while pregnant, walked us through the streets of Florence, just as an African heatwave was coming through. She was great and though our ages varied, we all understood and took in everything she said so easily. Not one of us complained of the heat or having an overload of information. Plus, we loved how we all earned "gelato points" - to get our dose of gelato each day!

Would like to see more of Florence with Freya again someday!

2  Thank PCVerz