“excellent tour!”

Freya's Florence Tours
Ranked #41 of 372 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Freya Middleton is a private tour guide of Florence with ten years of experience. Renaissance Art History undergraduate and postgraduate degrees provide the solid foundation for her knowledge of the monuments and sites, and this, mixed with abundant enthusiasm, humour and a genuine love for Italy make Freya's Florence tours a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable experience. Specialising in all ages and covering artistic, historical and gastronomic interests. Full and half day options.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

A group of 10 of us signed on for a walking tour with Freya based on the review I had read on tripadvisor and I am so happy that we did. This was by the far the best walking tour I have ever taken. Our guide was Sara who shared the fascinating history of Florence with a passion! It was a well thought out and well- paced tour. We were riveted and everyone in the group commented on how much they enjoyed it. Sara really knew the city and could answer with confidence any question we posed. I highly recommend taking this tour at the start of your time in Florence as she gave us not only an overview of the history of Florence,but also lay out of the city which made future navigating much easier.

1  Thank Nicolcole
"santa croce"
in 11 reviews
"medici family"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family visited Florence for one day in June and we were so fortunate to have Freya as our guide. She met us at the train station and gave us such a wonderful tour of the city, including the Accademia where she shared her knowledge of Renaissance art and the fascinating intricacies of The David. We had no idea of the depth of history in this city and her knowledge and enthusiasm was contagious. She hit on most of the highlights in just 4 short hours with us. She also reserved tickets to the Ufizzi for later in the afternoon, so no lines for us in Florence! At the end of the tour, she found a wonderful little restaurant for us in the Santo Spirito area across the Arno River and made sure we were settled before saying Ciao. Email Freya at freyasflorence@yahoo.com and book one of her tours - you won't regret it.

2  Thank JBE12345
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My nineteen year old daughter had booked a few tours with Freya in March which we loved. She is one of the main reasons that we returned to Florence two months later! This time we booked Freya herself for three days and since she knew us fairly well, she complete customized her tours to suit our interests. I actually think that Freya might know EVERYTHING there is to know about Florence ( I know that can't be true but it definitely seems that way:). We had a wonderful few days exploring churches and visiting artisans we never would have seen on our own. Freya is friendly, fun, amusing and extremely knowledgable about both historical and contemporary Florence.i would highly recommend at least one tour with Freya whether you are new to Florence or an experienced traveler- she will find interesting things to see and do no matter what your interests. Freya, we really hope to see you in your family in Delaware someday: we miss you- xoxo Carole and Guinevere

1  Thank Carole P
Reviewed June 12, 2013

First, I have to say that I don't give praise easily and it takes a truly exceptional experience to motivate me to write a review. This is one of those rare times. My family and I were on a cruise with Florence as a port of call. I booked transportation and a 4-hour walking tour with Freya's Florence. The arrangements were handled quickly, professionally, and completely. Our driver, Cesare, arrived on time and whisked us away to meet our guide, Helen. Cesare was friendly, knowledgeable, and charming. The Chianti he provided for the return to the shop was exceptional too!! Helen was a dream of a guide. More of a storyteller than a fact-teller, her 20+ years as a art history professor, a practicing artist, and her love of Florence made for the perfect tour of a perfect city. Thanks to Freya's Florence, this experience was the highest highlight of a dream vacation.

3  Thank KMK2013
See more reviews
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This morning I had an experience that I found amazing and one that I wont forget. I had booked a guide through 'Freya's Florence' to spend some time with me and help me negotiate the Uffizi Gallery. This is not something I would normally do... when I visit major galleries I'm usually happy with an audio-guide but I was thinking about the crowds and the queues and decided to seek extra guidance. I met Sara who's a young and articulate art historian so needless to say she's very knowledgeable. From the moment we started I felt transfixed by the wonderful insights into the works she was showing me. I became unaware of the crowded rooms as we moved from one painting to the next and I was hooked, fascinated and transfixed by every thing she told me. It wasn't just a well practiced monlogue either - she was flexible with some things I wanted to know about, listened to me, has a sense of humour and was perfect company. I would highly recommend Sara as the perfect guide for the Uffizi - although I'm sure she knows about a lot of other stuff in this beautiful city as well. She's a Florentine.

2  Thank AnnePJones