“Freya makes Florence her own”

Freya's Florence Tours
Ranked #43 of 382 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Freya Middleton is a private tour guide of Florence with ten years of experience. Renaissance Art History undergraduate and postgraduate degrees provide the solid foundation for her knowledge of the monuments and sites, and this, mixed with abundant enthusiasm, humour and a genuine love for Italy make Freya's Florence tours a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable experience. Specialising in all ages and covering artistic, historical and gastronomic interests. Full and half day options.
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My nineteen year old daughter had booked a few tours with Freya in March which we loved. She is one of the main reasons that we returned to Florence two months later! This time we booked Freya herself for three days and since she knew us fairly well, she complete customized her tours to suit our interests. I actually think that Freya might know EVERYTHING there is to know about Florence ( I know that can't be true but it definitely seems that way:). We had a wonderful few days exploring churches and visiting artisans we never would have seen on our own. Freya is friendly, fun, amusing and extremely knowledgable about both historical and contemporary Florence.i would highly recommend at least one tour with Freya whether you are new to Florence or an experienced traveler- she will find interesting things to see and do no matter what your interests. Freya, we really hope to see you in your family in Delaware someday: we miss you- xoxo Carole and Guinevere

1  Thank Carole P
"santa croce"
in 11 reviews
"medici family"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed June 12, 2013

First, I have to say that I don't give praise easily and it takes a truly exceptional experience to motivate me to write a review. This is one of those rare times. My family and I were on a cruise with Florence as a port of call. I booked transportation and a 4-hour walking tour with Freya's Florence. The arrangements were handled quickly, professionally, and completely. Our driver, Cesare, arrived on time and whisked us away to meet our guide, Helen. Cesare was friendly, knowledgeable, and charming. The Chianti he provided for the return to the shop was exceptional too!! Helen was a dream of a guide. More of a storyteller than a fact-teller, her 20+ years as a art history professor, a practicing artist, and her love of Florence made for the perfect tour of a perfect city. Thanks to Freya's Florence, this experience was the highest highlight of a dream vacation.

3  Thank KMK2013
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This morning I had an experience that I found amazing and one that I wont forget. I had booked a guide through 'Freya's Florence' to spend some time with me and help me negotiate the Uffizi Gallery. This is not something I would normally do... when I visit major galleries I'm usually happy with an audio-guide but I was thinking about the crowds and the queues and decided to seek extra guidance. I met Sara who's a young and articulate art historian so needless to say she's very knowledgeable. From the moment we started I felt transfixed by the wonderful insights into the works she was showing me. I became unaware of the crowded rooms as we moved from one painting to the next and I was hooked, fascinated and transfixed by every thing she told me. It wasn't just a well practiced monlogue either - she was flexible with some things I wanted to know about, listened to me, has a sense of humour and was perfect company. I would highly recommend Sara as the perfect guide for the Uffizi - although I'm sure she knows about a lot of other stuff in this beautiful city as well. She's a Florentine.

2  Thank AnnePJones
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Florence Godess Freya was smart beautiful and totally engaging as she wound our small group of 6 people through the main parts of Florence. She brought history to life with her ability to connect the 1500's to how we think today and all of us were completely hooked.
Freya was an exceptional corespondent in setting up our tour and she found us easily on the crowded streets in front of the Accademia. Bravo!

3  Thank Crystal T
See more reviews
Reviewed June 4, 2013

There were eight of us from the Ruby Princess. We were picked up in port and driven with care and in comfort to Florence where we met with Nick. He was so prepared as to getting us through the very long lines and into the museums, along with his enthusiasm and knowledge. He didn't just take you into the room to see David, he built up your interest and then walked you in!! Incredible and so interesting. Four hours later, I don't think our minds could take anymore. It was wonderful.
My suggestion would be for people to see one museum and take a break before going to the next.
As for Freya's Tours, I would highly recommend them. Freya did a great job explaining the tours and setting everything up then checking to make sure we were happy and satisfied.
It's a job setting up tours for others and Freya and Tripadvisor made it go very smooth.

2  Thank sallytaypres