“Nice gelato”

Neighborhood: Uffizi
Northern Cal
“Nice gelato”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Seems authentic, but don't know about the green mint. Gelato was pretty good (had better and had worse). Overall, very good place for Gelato.

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Great but Crowded”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This place had wonderful gelato - others may too. Crowded but the real deal. Would go here again and do recommend it if nearby.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Gelato!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great Gelato. Creamy and wonderful. Maybe the best and definitely in the top 3 gelateria in florence.

• Visited October 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was really excited about visiting Gelateria Dei Neri but unfortunately I was disappointed in both the gelato and the service.

I'll start by saying that my problem with the gelato was probably mostly due to me choosing the wrong flavors which is why I didn't deduct too many points. I got the Rose and Marscapone. I usually like both of those flavors so I'm not sure why they didn't translate well into gelato... or maybe it's just me! This was the only gelato I had during our 2 week vacation in Italy that I threw out before finishing.

My biggest problem with this place wasn't so much the gelato, but the service. The girl behind the counter seemed annoyed that we were interrupting her conversation with her friend and even though I was smiling at her and doing my best to communicate with her in Italian, she didn't crack one smile back or say one word to us other than the total for the gelato. Sheesh!

This place has a lot of great reviews so I'd like to give it the benefit of the doubt and assume that I just selected incorrectly and happened to walk in while the crankiest employee was working. I don't think I would chance it by visiting Gelateria Dei Neri again though...

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Best Gelateria”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is the best gelateria in Florence easily. I love this place! It is near the Uffizi but, not too close that there are a lot of crowds.

I highly recommend this place. I had to use self control to not eat there every day I studied there.

Visited December 2012