“good gluten free” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostaria il Desco

Hostaria il Desco
Reserve with
Hostaria il Desco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 2,660 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“good gluten free”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We ate here twice last week.The food is good. The service is friendly. My husband is gluten free. If you are like me and have a gluten free partner you feel guilty when you go out, as you either constantly deny yourself food or you eat and what them drool. HERE you don't have to!!! You can have a normal meal like at home, they do it all gluten free. Starters, pasta, puddings. What a treat!!

1 Thank value62

Roslyn, New York
“Looks Good From the Street, Even Better Inside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We ate next door to this restaurant the previous evening and decided the next night to give it a try. We didn't have a reservation, but no problem - we were seated in a few minutes. I had the special seafood menu which was 30 euros. The main course was cuttlefish in spinach. I had no idea what cuttlefish was, but why not try it. After the meal, I looked it up on my iPad and it looked like an alien from outer space. It tasted like scungilli and it was different. Service was very good as they didn't rush and took time between courses. Worth a visit.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Very good recommendation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

This place came recommended by another shop owner. We did not have a booking and were lucky to get in. It was very busy around 20:00. Food was very good, I had the roast chicken and partner had a wild boar ragu. Both dishes were delicious. It was so busy that it did take some time for the main to be served. Not their fault. Specials on menu were classic and reasonably priced.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tnfonseca
Manassas, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steak Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had read about Hostaria il Desco on TripAdvisor and several other blog, so this trip to Florence I put it on my must do list. I was not disappointed! Reservations are a must if with to eat during normal lunch and dinner times...we arrived at 1:30 and were told to come back after 2:00. No problem, we did some shopping at nearby Ponte Vecchio and Mercato Nuovo while we waited. We returned a little after 2:00 and were promptly seated. The restaurant was small, clean, and inviting with comfortable decor and lots of local diners. The staff was friendly, very accommodating (we were their only guests as they prepped for the dinner crowd) and spoke English very well. The Bistecca a la Fiorentina (Florentine bone-in steak) was AMAZING! Some places will only serve this steak as a 2-person shared dish (about 1 kilo) but here I was able to get it as a single serving. It was still HUGE and came with the yummiest roasted potatoes. People who know me, know I truly enjoy my beef and I can honestly say this was the best steak I have ever eaten. Salty crust from the flame and perfectly rare and juicy on the inside. We are definitely returning to Hostaria il Desco on our next visit to Florence.

West New York, New Jersey
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

A small place hidden in the side street of Florence but close enough to the actions. The appetizers and the main dish (lamb) were so good, i thought i was in heaven for a sec! The service was a bit slow - but i think that might have been a standard in Europe. We got free glasses of house wine from the owner, they were really nice. You should make a reservation though the place get busy as the night goes on.

Visited May 2014