“One of the best food ever”
Review of Hostaria il Desco

Hostaria il Desco
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Hostaria il Desco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 2,722 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Singapore, Singapore
“One of the best food ever”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife enjoyed this restaurant so much that we were practically here almost every night during a week long stay, and even a couple of lunches. The food is extremely simple and let the true flavors speak for itself without being pretentious. If you are looking for a good steak, that is what you are gonna get. Same thing goes for the roasted chicken, lamb, pasta, everything! Everything as it should taste as original and uncomplicated as it should be.

I do not think there is anything bad on the menu not to mention everything was very well priced. I look forward to my next trip to Florence for I cannot wait returning to enjoy the food here.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank garygraphy

Melbourne,Victoria
“Great value,excellent Italian food”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Didn't know anything about this restaurant beforehand but luckily came upon it and enjoyed a great meal. The atmosphere was buzzing and the restaurant was full, with people being turned away. Excellent Italian food for a very reasonable price. The 2 waiters were fantastic, efficient and pleasant. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
Macon, Georgia
“Excellent meal (and fantastic gluten free choices!)”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I traveled to Italy with my family (there were 8 of us) and I was the only one that had to eat gluten-free. It was challenging to find places that I could eat that I also thought everyone else would be happy with. This place was so good we ate there twice. We loved that it was a little off the "tourist route", but yet very close and within walking distance of all the areas we were visiting. Seemed to be full of locals. It was a 5-10 minute walk from the leather market (where the big wild boar statue is). The food was AMAZING, the service was warm and inviting, everything was fabulous. I highly recommend this restaurant, gluten-free or not!

• Visited May 2013
Sunnyvale, California
“Incredible Value for an amazing meal”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We ate a lot of good food while in Italy, but this was probably the best. And it was the best value too. They let my wife and I split our courses, so we had plenty of room for the great proscuitto and melon, the fabulous pear gnocchi, and the melt-in-your-mouth bistecca alla fiorintina.

This gets my highest recommendation. Make reservations or go early. Many were turned away after about 19:30 while we were there and told to come back at 21:00 or later.

Visited May 2013
Northampton
“Mary and Graham Fowler”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Almost walked past this restaurant, being drawn in by an American couple. Don't be put off by its location - lovely surroundings and atmosphere and very friendly staff. Went in on one night without a booking and were delighted by our meal. We decided to reserve for the next night and were not disappointed. Nice touches, such as a beatifully set table, complementary glass of prosecco and small taste of soup, apart from whatever you order. Full on both nights, with some of the same people in (like us). We had chicken (superb) and salmon (also superb) on one night and shred a tuscan mixed grill the next - melt in the mouth. The deserts were sensational also. Give it a try - highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013