“I like this hotel”

Ranked #92 of 412 Hotels in Florence
St. Petersburg, Russia
“I like this hotel”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hotel is super. I liked it very much. The room was quite bit and very clean. people on reception are able to give you any advice about the city.
Breakfast is tasty and you can have coffee and tea at the evening free of charge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
we are glad you liked our Hotel and you found it "super". Our coffe corner available 24 hrs. day with complimentary snacks and pastries with coffee, tea, camomile tea is generally appreciated by guest, thank you for reminding it to the TA community.

See you next time in Florence !

Roberto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was at the hotel for 2 nights. I knew nothing about it when I booked online other than price and sorta location. I was very happy with it when I got there. The staff at the desk was great, they were helpful and friendly. The location was an easy walk from the train station (only about 5 minutes) and was convenient to get into the center of town. I would recommend this place to others looking for a simple, easy, nice place to stay and would stay here again myself.

Dear Guest,
thank you for recommending our Hotel to the TA community, we are sure your review will be a great help for people looking for an accomodation in Florence.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Florence again !

Kind regrds.

Haifa, Israel
Reviewed October 24, 2012

i have been in the hotel for 2 nights.
the servic was wonderful; the room was clean and comfortable; very easy to find; close to the train and to the city sites; the breakfast was very simple; there was noise frome the street downstairs;

Dear Guest,
"wonderful service and clean and confortable room" : thank you !
As you mention, our hotel is very central located and near all the main attractions and the main train station so very convenient for people travelling by train.

We hope to see you again in Florence at the "Fiorita", our best regards.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The customer service at Hotel Fiorita is excellent. The hotel manager went out of his way to secure me a reservation at the Uffizi Gallery when its website said it was completely booked. He also took the time to point out places of interest on the city map and thanked me for booking directly from the hotel's website. The staff members were also willing to let me leave my luggage in their lobby after I checked out so that I could enjoy a few hours more of sightseeing in beautiful Florence. The building is very secure because someone is always at the front desk, so you can just leave your key there and come and go as you please.

Breakfast was very nice for the price, with plenty of healthy options, and you can make tea or coffee at any time of the day in the coffee room. The breakfast room offers a pleasant view of the city.

My one pretty major disappointment with my stay in Florence was that I was bit by many mosquitos over a 2 night period. I did have the windows open in my hotel room during the morning, so I realize that I can't really blame the hotel. I had no idea that "zanzare" (as the pharmacist exclaimed when she took one look at my face) were still a problem in October in Italy, but I have come home with 17 red bites on my face alone and several more on my arms and hands. When I return to Florence, I will be wearing mosquito repellent to bed!

mslrrt, Owner at Hotel Fiorita, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for spending such pretty words about our Hotel Fiorita, "5 star customer service" (wow, thanks !) is the best we can hear after a Client's stay with us.
We are sorry you did not mention at all the trouble with mosquitos, the problem could have been simply solved with repellent spray in the room during the day when you were out, or giving you some repellent product ....
I am glad you appreciated the last minute reservation at the Uffizi gallery (I personally waited more than 30 minutes over the phone to talk to the operator, but finally got a place for you !), and also our breakfast, our coffee corner available 24 hrs., and the kindness of all the staff here at the "Fiorita".

We all hope to see you again in Florence soon, kind regards.

Koto-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Fiorita for a conference trip. The hotel is less than 1-min walking from the conference venue. Some of the friends choose other hotels with the similar standards, but I think mine choice is the best among all, not only in location, price, but also in service. The breakfast here is delicious. One day, I had to get up early to meet the train to Rome. My departure time is earlier than the opening of breakfast in this hotel. But the staff here still serve me a nice breakfast. When I need help to find plan some travel, they also give me useful suggestions. Thanks for their nice sercive! I enjoy my stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mslrrt, Owner at Hotel Fiorita, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
here at the "Fiorita" we are all happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We don't know if we are the best Hotel among the others choosen by your friends to attend the Conference at the Congress Center right in front of us, but if you say so we take good note about it ! ;-)
Seriously, we are glad you appreciated our location, service, and good ratio between quality-service and price.

Thank you for recommending our Hotel to the TA community, see you next time in Florence !

Kind regards.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is amazing value for money. It is right next to the city center/main train station, has fairly large and clean rooms and bathrooms, decent breakfast and polite and helpful staff. This hotel was pretty much perfect--- except that WiFi wasn't free, but I think that's true for most (2 star) hotels in Florence.

mslrrt, Owner at Hotel Fiorita, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for you review.
The building where the hotel is located is a "renaissance style" building, with large rooms and high ceilings, we of course do our best to keep things in a good shape (rooms and bathrooms have been completely renovated less than one year ago...).
Thank you for saying we are polite and helpful, and for mentioning our buffet breakfast: we remind all the TripAdvisor users that wi-fi is completely free and unlimited for all those who book through our official site so.... don't miss this occasion !

See you next time in Florence.

Best regards

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We needed location close to station in Florence and we discovered La Fiorita via Trip Advisor.We were not disappointed.On arriving at Florence SMH Station a short walk around corner had us at the hotel location.We travelled uo to 3rd floor via antique but reliable elevator to be greeted by the friendly Roberto who showed us to charming comfortable spacious room.We were also shown room to make tea coffee where pastries also available at all hours.Location was great with easy walking to all sights ,shopping and restaurants.We had a planned tour next day to Tuscan countryside-tour bus meet point just around corner opposite church SMH.
Also around corner for fast food is Burger King with attached Heinnekein beer outlet ,pizza place and Maccas.
We met a NZ couple just arrived in hotel having a cup of tea who moved to this hotel after their booked accommodation was a disaster-they too were most happy.
Good value accommodation-highly recommended

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
mslrrt, Owner at Hotel Fiorita, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for your kind review, "Home away from Home" is really the best we can hear from a guest... we are glad your stay with us was a very pleasent stay, and hope to see you again in Florence...
My best regards.