“Local find” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Piazzetta

La Piazzetta
Ranked #741 of 2,660 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ristorante tipico fiorentino, piatti della tradizione Toscana che seguono la stagionalita delle materie prime. Bistecca alla Fiorentina di Razza Chianina certificata IGP, cotta rigorosamete sul fuoco a legna, con suggestiva BRACERIA a vista. Salumi e formaggi artigianali Nostrali. Pizzeria con forno a legna con con prodotti di qualita certificata.
Sosua, Dominican Republic
“Local find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very nice restaurant in the neighborhood we are staying in. It was a find and a local hangout. In fact we may have been the only tourists in the place last night and there was quite a crowd.
Service was excellent and the food very good. Lots of local fare, brick oven for the pizza and home made pastas. The food was also very reasonably priced. Overall a very good meal. We will eat there again.

BObK

• Visited August 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Delicious food just next to The Rosary Garden Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in The Rosary Garden Hotel and popped into the restaurant next door. The beauty is, this area is not touristy really, so felt we has a good flavour of real Florence. The food was delicious, service friendly and was by far our best meal during our stay.

• Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Huge Meat Skewer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We hit Florence mid-way through our week in Italy and I was so brunt out on pasta and pizza. I love spicy, zesty food and was over bland pasta/pizza. Our server here was great. I told her I wanted something with an interesting sauce and some real flavor. She suggested this meat skewer. They set this huge stand on our table and out came what looked like a skewer for a king in the middle ages. It had two pieces of chicken and sausage, a piece of pork loin and a steak at the bottom. It was served with three sauces: a delicious homemade pesto, a creamy herb mayo type sauce and a hot sauce (red sauce more mild than hot, but it was tasty). It was one of the best meals I had in Italy!! I truly appreciate our waitress for suggesting it.

We also had some strawberries and a scoop of creama ice cream for dessert and it was wonderful. If you want something different in Italy, I strongly recommend this place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank carolyn r
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“We would have eaten here all 3 nights in a row!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

...and the only reason we didn't is that one night they were too busy for us to get a table!

My boyfriend and I ate here twice while staying next door at the Hotel Rosary Garden. It was the pizza that made us come back a second time - twice the size of your average "personal" pizza in the states! We shared cantaloupe and prosciutto as an appetizer the first night, and went for the tiramisu (best I had in Italy) twice. I think my first pizza was something with truffles. I don't recall the specifics, only that I couldn't believe I was eating something this spectacular. The second night's pizza was even more memorable: yummy steak and lard! What the heck, I was on vacation.

My user picture on here is me drinking a gigantic beer from La Piazzetta. We had a bottle of Montepulciano during our second dinner and just loved it. Would totally go back, again and again, and recommend it to everyone who visits Florence. This place is off the beaten path because it's in a more residential section of Florence after you traverse the Arno River, but it's worth the trek.

You know a restaurant is good when 90% of the people dining there are locals.

• Visited December 2011
St. Annes-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The food at La Piazzetta was delicious and not overpriced. the atmosphere is relaxed and is family friendly.The staff were very helpfull with non italian speaking clientele!!.

Visited September 2012