“Fell in love with Indian Food in Italy”

Ristorante Indiano Zafferano
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Ristorante Indiano Zafferano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 2,711 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Description: We look forward to a wonderful evening atmosphere more romantic Florence. With your Him, with your own you, for a moment, savoring the unique flavors of our beautiful land. we did a menu just for you is not nothing but book now and enjoy the deliciousness of our dishes prepared according to the recipes of the past From today Saffron Restaurant offers dinner, every night the first hour of parking in the garage Europe Via Borgo Ognissanti 96 Florence Saffron Indian Restaurant,
Florence, Italy
“Fell in love with Indian Food in Italy”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

People come to Italy above all to enjoy the legendary Italian food. But After a months in Florence I felt like i am tired of pizza and pasta. I have never tried Indian food before, so decided to make an experiment. And the result exceeded all the expectations. Now I adore Indian food so much that my next traveling destination is to be India.
The food in the restaurant is very nice - I strongly recommend u to try Vegetable or Chicken Biryani (it is rice with chicken or with vegetables) - top of the chart!). Vegetarian dishes are delicious: Baingan Bharta (stewed eggplant with tomatoes), Palak Paneer (spinach stewed with indian cheese), Zafferano Korma (stewed vegetables with indian spices). And my another gastronomic love since now on in Chicken Curry - simple melting in the mouth. I will keep visiting the restaurant to discover all the delicacies of the wonderful Indian cucine!
And what is more - the service in the restaurant in excellent - the stuff is very attentive and friendly. And the food is served very fast.
All in all - it is a place u want to come back over and over again!
Thank you very much for such a good restaurant in Florence!

• Visited March 2014

• Arabic first
Florence, Italy
“A tasty good time”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I live in Florence and when I go out I like to eat something different from the typical Italian cuisine.
I discovered this restaurant not long ago and have been back several times. The service is good and the food is very tasty.
One of the best Indian restaurants in town in my opinion!

• Visited November 2013
Chicago area
“My first Indian restaurant -- and in Italy!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My friends invited me to meet them at Zafferano Indiana Restaurant in Florence. I was a bit skeptical -- Indian cuisine in Italy?! I was amazed!
I had the Pollo Zafferano: a mild curry of chicken cooked in spicy sauce, with yogurt, saffron and almonds. Delicious, delicious, delicious! And only 9 Euro.
This is a restaurant I will be visiting again during my stay in Florence! Simply excellent -- AND the staff was very friendly!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank maxkol
Waterdown, Ontario, Canada
“Beware the heat!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We walked to the restaurant and checked out the menu.

One other person in the dining room (8:30PM) so was not encouraged by this.
The menu was standard fair. Currys etc with lamb, chicken and beef. There was a shrimp dish as well.

We ordered the chicken tikka masala and chicken korma. We asked for mild (my wife doesn't like hot spice) and waited for our dinner to come.

The rice dish (saffron and almond basmati rice) was fine. Both the tikka and korma dishes were quite hot. Worse still, the korma was made using very sinuous chicken pieces. The tikka dish was fine albeit hot. The naan was very tasty.

Service was fine. Nothing exceptional. When I pointed out the large amount go gristle on the plate, the server said he would "mention it to the kitchen". Nothing else about the problem was said.

In all, the experience is not one we will repeat. There are simply better choices in town.

Doug

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Douglas G
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Indian ( Pakistani) Food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Restaurant owner is from karachi, very nice person, do try the special daal, the veg dishes are very good surprisingly, great sweet dishes and honestly the team makes you feel very special and are very warm people.
The food is great and we went twice in 4 days and would visit again once we are in florence.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Rohitdavinci
sanam777, Public Relations Manager at Ristorante Indiano Zafferano, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Rohitdavinci, Thank you very much for your good review about our Restaurant. We’re very glad to know that we made your time with us very special,We always want to make our client to feel like Home.We always want to feel our client from inside and we make it special in any possibility way we can.
Thank you Again and in the future we will be very happy to host you again for your stay in Florence.

Warm Regards,