“beautiful”
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #1 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Lovely little home away from home. Hotel David is a welcoming, charming little hotel. Our room (Number 6) was on the ground floor and was very large - a welcome surprise for our family of four. The bathroom was also large with a good shower - something you appreciate when you've been traveling for a while! The free amenities show how they just go that one step further, free wifi, free mini bar refill every day, free happy hour, free call home every day and of course breakfast! My one issue was the lack of curtains which I found very odd, it meant I didn't sleep well, and woke early with the sun each morning. Unfortunately on the last morning we found a button that said "shutters" for electric shutters!! I should have asked!! Every staff member we dealt with was welcoming and helpful, and I would definitely recommend Hotel David. Only 15-20 min walk from the centre of Florence, along the river so very pleasant

4  Thank FRANCY n
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm happy you had good time with us and i keep at your disposal next time you decide to come to Florence.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

A group of 11 of us stayed at Hotel David for 3 nights. Very friendly staff. It felt more like staying with relatives than a hotel. The rooms were very clean and had an authentic Italian type decor. Every morning we woke to the smell of breakfast…. Happy hour was a perfect gather spot for the group of us before heading out to dinner. The only down side is the 20 minute walk to the historical sites which can also be seen as a plus… We will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Onourwa
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us usually we do not accept groups because we try to keep the ambient as quite as possible but this time was different....see you next time!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in July 2014, based on great reviews. We were not disappointed. The staff is the greatest asset. Very warm and friendly and eager to help in every way. The rooms are spacious, immaculate and pleasant. Nice breakfast spread and afternoon snack. The location is a bit off the crowded tourist center which to me is a plus. A bit of a walk to city center, albeit a nice one, but there's also a bus only steps away if your feet (or kids) are just too tired. Also a convenient bus stop on route to Piazzale Michaelangelo(be sure to check out the sunset from there). Nice local pub nearby (James Joyce) and a great pizzeria right next door to that. Will definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank riodoc
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Guest,
I thank you for trusting us and the other people that before you stayed at Hotel David I'm so happy you liked the location not far to the main downtown area but enough to enjoy the 100% local area!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

The hotel is located about 20-30 minutes walking distance from Florence historical sites. The hotel is located very close to bus stops. So, I used a bus to go to tourist sites for my 7-day stay at the hotel.
The staff are very friendly. The hotel provide excellent breakfast. However, the Happy Hour provides minimal amount of food, which is the same every day during my 7-day stay. I think it would have been much better if the hotel changes the food at Happy Hour.
The hotel is located at a quiet neighbor. There are a minimal number of restaurants around the hotel.
I stayed at the hotel during World Cup Soccer events. The room that I stayed has a very small TV, which is not good to watch soccer games which were televised around midnight. I think the size of the TV is laptop-sized TV, which is too small.
The hotel should have to provided a larger TV int he guest room. Lobby area has a TV. But, it is not convenient to watch TV at the lobby around midnight.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Chul A
HDavid, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay with us and I'm happy you had good time with us I just remind you that our location is well described everywhere on line, our evening complementary happy hour is not a dinner but simply a way of socialize with other travellers drinking a glass of wine with some nibbles...and we are all sorry that the first part of the soccer world cup was televised so late but if you wish to see that real time like many other Guest did you could have joined us in the lobby area!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We recently spent two weeks in Italy, and we fortunate to have chosen Hotel David for our three nights in Florence. What a jewel of a hotel! Sfilvia and the other staff could not be more accommodating, the room was excellent, the breakfast was comprehensive and delicious, the wifi worked well (not many of our hotels this trip could boast that), and even the parking was hassle-free. The night we arrived after a long drive, we settled right into their unexpected but really nice, complementary happy hour with snacks, and that was just a preview of the service and hospitality of Hotel David! This is a true full-service hotel dedicated to making their guests feel at home; we felt that we were treated like royalty. One last example,j ust to give you an idea of how it was, our departure date arrived and we had been unable to scale the duomo cupola due to long lines the previous afternoon. They allowed us to check out, leave our car in their lot, and accomplish the "duomo climb" while our belongings were cared for. When we went in to say goodbye, they greeted us with parting gifts and the offer of water or other refreshment (we probably looked hot after the 460 step climb up the duomo!) to help send us on our way. This customer service ethos permeates the whole hotel, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to any travelers looking for a wonderful place to stay in Florence.

1  Thank Louchuck

Dear Guest,
I thank for your words of appreciation I very happy you had good time with us here at the David and I even happier because you decided to share your experience with this community of tralellers!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We recently visited Florence and found Hotel David on Trip Advisors. Given all the positive reviews, we went ahead and booked rooms for our party. We are so glad we did. The staff was super friendly, courteous and always helpful (and all spoke english too). It's located on a beautiful shaded street a little distance away from the center of town. The hotel is full of old world charm with all the modern conveniences. A/C, private bath, well appointed rooms. Breakfast was served in typical buffet style and was very good, everything you might want. The happy hour each evening in the garden had beer, wine and snacks too! We did walk to the museums in the center of Florence, but it's a good 20 minute walk at a quick pace. Even the walk was reasonable, we used taxi's the next trips in and out of the city center. The taxi stand is right next to the hotel and fares are quite reasonable. Overall, we highly recommend Hotel David and will stay there again on our next trip to Florence.

1  Thank doug c

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your comment and I'm so happy you carry good memories about your trip to Florence and Hotel David too!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is how all hotels should be. Everything was included, there were no extras or surprises. Breakfast was surprisingly wonderful. They had a beautiful patio for dining on and a good assortment of eggs, cereals, pastries, fruit, yogurt and cheeses. The room was great, amazing rain shower and good quality paraben free shampoos in environmentally friendly packaging. I especially loved the terrace and the hotel was nice enough to extend our check out by an hour so we could enjoy our coffees and books on our private balcony. This hotel is about a 20 minute walk from the city centre, but it is a beautiful walk and I would much rather stay here than in the middle of the crowds. They have a free daily happy hour at 630 pm which includes wine and appetizers and a beautiful courtyard to enjoy it in. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

1  Thank H2Obaby

Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us I'm so happy you had good time with us and I consider myself very lucky to have so many happy Guests at the Hotel!