“A lovely haven with fabulous staff!!”
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #1 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Brisbane, Australia
“A lovely haven with fabulous staff!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a wonderful time in Florence from our quiet, beautiful room at Hotel David set amongst the leafy tree lined Viale Michelangiolo. It was so lovely to come back to our little oasis after a hard day doing the tourist grind in the city and spend a lovely "happy hour" - drinks and nibbles!! Breakfast was exceptional too . There are several bus stops just outside the hotel and they are extremely reasonable - tickets available from reception - along with some of the nicest reception staff we have ever encountered, in fact all the staff were caring and helpful, nothing was too much trouble even sorting out the wifi for my iphone. The room - we had a large (really), beautiful room with an amazing 4 poster bed suspended from the ceiling!! There was also a large bathroom and a huge patio/balcony with a view of the duomo, all so clean and comfortable, we could have just stayed there only Florence is too good to miss.

Room Tip: The one we had
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm so happy you liked the David and it's services we are trying to give you the best compromize quality-rate we can and as I see we are on the right way!
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I am writing his review sitting in my lovely room at the hotel David as I wait to check out. W have had the loveliest time staying here for two nights . Nothing is a bother for the staff , so helpful & accommodating to my needs. I love the location away from the major hustle & bustle but still close to everything you need & their are two major bus routes just outside. Our room is spacious & generously offer us a free mini bar . The bathroom is beautiful & modern and along with the room very clean & inviting. Hotel David also offers amazing free wifi ( that actually works !!!) and happy hour in the evening served in the front courtyard , with a selection of refreshments & nibbles.
Breakfast is vast & amazing and you would have to be very fussy not to find something to enjoy xx a big thanks to all the attentive staff that made our stay in florence so wonderful & most memorable . There is an amazing pizza place close by & Gigi trattoria is also a great place to eat xx will be back again soon to hotel David

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lou R
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for this wonderful review I'm glad you had a great experience with us and I'm sure you will be back!
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel based upon the overwhelmingly positive reviews on this site. Although rooms are more quaint than luxurious, every convenience is afforded in this hotel at a very reasonable price. Staff members are extremely pleasant and really go out of their way to assure that the needs of guests are met with a smile. It was very convenient to have access to wine, soda and snacks in the first floor snack area and the little happy hour was a nice touch. The location is a bit removed from central Florence and getting taxis to and from different venues was an adventure. We got quite a bit of exercise! We also found that the fares charged varied quite differently from one driver to the next and we needed to pay attention to routes, etc. Although the hotel made many recommendations for restaurants, we found that most of the places were on their pre-printed referral map. We did well using restaurants found on the Florence trip advisor app. Overall this was a nice hotel but would probably choose something a little more centrally located in future.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Baysidedmd
Dear Guest,

Yes you are right! We are not a luxury hotel and I believe we will never have the possibility by the way....but we are doing our best to provide the best service we can always with a reasonable price!
Muskego, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hotel David is like being among friends. It was such a relief to go to this hotel after a bad apt rental experience in Rome. The staff is great and cant do enough for you. The hotel room is impeccably clean. The roller blinds black out the room so dark you can't tell how late you've slept which is great! A big shower, which has been hard to find. The breakfast which is included isn't just rolls and coffee but bacon, eggs, etc. Being able to call home free 10 minutes each day was such a treat. The cab ride was only 7.50-17.50 (sunday surcharge) from the train station. A bus (23 going to town and D returning) was even cheaper and it stops very close to hotel. They even sell the bus tickets. The happy hour again isn't just drinks but appetizers as well. There are places nearby to eat which are good. They have a bookshelf where other travelers have left their travel guide books of florence so I used one during our stay since I only had the bigger italy travel guide. They also have a charger station for all your devices near the apple computers. The highlight of this trip was finding this hotel.

Room Tip: Balcony room doesn't mattar, there are plenty of outside places to sit.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mauiwahine
Dear Guest,

I really thank you for giving me the possibility to explain to all our Guests that all our rooms have roller shutters to provide long dark sleep!
Concerning balconies we do have room with and most without but as you mentioned there is a lot of space outside where you can stay.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a gem of a hotel. The Hotel David is slightly out of town, but easily accessible by a 10 minute bus ride. The bus stop is directly outside the Hotel. Fabulously decorated rooms with ample room and great breakfasts. This Hotel provides appertivo/happy hour every evening for 2 hours. Great hosts with free wifi

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Good to know you had good time with us here at the David and as I see happy hour is the service that gives maximum positive feed backs!

Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I and our little dog stayed at this lovely boutique hotel for 4 nights in November last year. At this time of the year there are hardly any tourists in Florence so a perfect time to visit. Our room was spacious with a balcony and extremely clean. We were greeted with a lovely muffin in a covered glass to simply say welcome. The staff were very helpful with maps of the city and how to advice. Every evening there was a complimentary happy hour and a half with red and white wine and several types of nibbles on offer. It was a great way to meet the other guests. It is close to a bus line if you dont have a car and for the physically fit Florence central is about a 20 minute walk along the picturesque river. We walked the first day but after a full day of walking around the city decided to take the bus after that. The only small downside is that it is not close to restaurants so after a long day you have to walk about 10-15 minutes to find a restaurant. We got around that by having our main meal at lunch time and then just a snack later on in the evening which can be purchase close by. I would highly recommend this hotel and would be happy to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm impressed how almost an an year has passed and you still have a clear remember of the house and the good time you spent with us....what a better sigh of appreciation! Thank you.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My two friends and I have just returned from a city break in Florence. I chose Hotel David because of the trip Advisor rating for service. We were so impressed by the hotel itself, which is in a traditional style, but with some very smart up to the minute features. Happy Hour is a treat; various non-alcoholic drinks, wine and canapes are laid out in the pleasant garden area for all to enjoy at no extra cost. The location is very good being a 15 minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio or 30 minutes to the Duomo. For those not wishing to walk, buses into the city pass close by. The highlight of our stay in the hotel was the service, which was exemplary from every member of staff, who were friendly and welcoming throughout. For example as we were leaving the young man at reception walked out with us to show us where we could catch the bus to the station. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in a comfortable, family run hotel, which gives first class value for money.

• Stayed September 2013
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming to stay with us and for trusting us following all the reviews that other tralellers have written!
I'm sure I will see you around.....