Hotel David
Hotel Roma(Florence)
$300
$200
  • Breakfast included
Il Guelfo Bianco(Florence)(Great Value!)
$227
$323
$153
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

$351
3,463 results
All reviewshappy hourfree mini barfree phoneminute phone callfree minuteminute walkponte vecchioother guestsevery eveningwalk along the riverbus stoprecommend hotelbottle of champagnewonderful hotelfavorite hotelhome away from homeour honeymoon
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at Hotel David last month. We chose the Hotel because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor.
The Hotel was very nice. We had a lovely room with a balcony facing the Street. The bathroom was beautiful, brand new.
I emailed the Hotel prior to our arrival mentioning that we were celebrating our 30th Anniversary and they remembered and welcomed us with a bottle of champagne in our room. There was also a small cake and some delicious cookies. Very thoughtful, great customer serve.
The Staff at the Front Desk was always willing to help us out and answer all of our many questions and recommend some great restaurants nearby to eat. The girl that serves breakfast was very sweet, always smiling.
The Hotel is not located in the middle of the touristy area. There is a bus stop close by that will take you right to the Ponte Vecchio. Or you can walk along the Arno River.
All in all, great place, clean and wonderful staff!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BAM52282
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your pos......t yes you discovered one of our secrets.......we have a small surprise for you to thank you for choosing Hotel David for a special event like yours!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

everything you read here on TripAdvisor convinced me to book this hotel and it delivered as promised. The front desk staff including Chiarra and Vittoria were super helpful and had great recommendations on restaurants in both local and in the historic center. We were looking forward to using the laundry downstairs as we had been on the road for a week with carry on bags. No problems at all, clean and efficient laundry room with detergent, softener, baskets and iron. The happy hour was indeed fun and I looked forward each evening to chatting with the other guests. They also have two new big Apple desktops to cruise the internet. The wifi was fast and always available. The complimentary room snacks and drinks were great, as was the breakfast. We personally found the hotel to be a little out of the way (and we expected that) but the bus made it convenient and easily accessible but the service ends at 8:30 pm or so, and could force you call a cab or walk back after dinner (they eat late there). I walked into town a couple of times with my young daughter, it's pretty easy (about two kilometers to Ponte Vecchio) other than having to cross a couple of really busy intersections near the hotel without a crosswalk. We cruised the local neighborhoods, mostly residential and motor scooter sales and service sprinkled with a few shops and a very friendly gelato store which was much cheaper than in the old town. Talking to and seeing some of the same travelers in Venice at the TripAdvisor no. 1 rated "Hotel Ponte al Mocingo" gave me a sense of how powerful these reviews and ratings can be. These top rated hotels have an almost cult like following which identify and help make these places great and memorable places to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Karasdad
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for choosing our hotel and coming to stay with us! I believe you had good time here with us and you enjoyed our services and hospitality and i'm sure next time you will come back to Firenze we will welcome you again!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at Hotel David in Florence for two nights after three busy days in Rome. It was a very welcoming hotel. The staff made great recommendations for hotels (not tourist traps). It was about a 20 minute walk to Palazzo Vecchio (along the rive with beautiful views). We were also able to do a nice run up the hill to Piazza della Signoria (great views of the city). Daily happy hour and breakfast were also very good. We highly recommend Hotel David!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KT17Denver
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review I'm happy you had good time with us and thank you for the photos!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Wonderful staff and great breakfast.
Mini bar in room (soft drinks ) was complimentary....
Honour-system help yourself bar - very reasonably priced.
Happy hour with snacks and wine was a great way to meet other guests - we met some fantastic and very interesting people.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing street very quiet when windows closed. The mattresses are a bit hard, which is the only negative comment we have.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank juaboo
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this review I'm glad you took advantage of our free services and I tell you that you can customize also your bed now at the David requesting a softer mattress by the time you make the reservation.....or at your arrival!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My sister, nephew and I would like to thank all the staff at Hotel David for making our trip to Florence a very memorable and enjoyable experience. If you want a hotel where you will be anonymous and just another guest then stay elsewhere. If however you want excellent service by staff you who genuinely love what they do, then you will not be disappointed with Hotel David. We would recommend it to families and couples alike without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mariebell
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Yes you are right! We like to take care of our Guests and we try to make everyone enjoy their sojourn in Florence providing our best service with a fair price!