“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Sydney, Australia
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

When I first entered our room, my jaw dropped and I just stood there and said wow! The room was beautiful (room 31). The bathroom was so nice, the best shower I've had in 5 weeks of our European trip (other showers have been the shower over the bath tub kind, for some reason I just can't get used to them!), but this one was a proper shower, thank you. They also have a laundry for use, which is again very much appreciated!

I just have to thank the wonderful staff who helped my boyfriend and I with liaising with the restaurant we ate at on a previous night in which he left his MasterCard there. We had planned a day trip to Pisa and Siena and the hotel rang (I'm sorry I didn't ask the lovely girls name) the restaurant to find out if we did indeed leave it there, yes we did, they explained that we would pick it up later when we got back. Unfortunately, we had problems with the train coming back from Siena and realised we would be back in Florence after the restaurant closed and we were leaving Florence very early in the morning, we rang the hotel at about 9pm (I'm sorry my boyfriend did not get the nice girls name on the phone) and she again called the restaurant & explained that we were held up & arranged for the restaurant to deliver the MasterCard to the hotel! We we're very relieved that this was arranged for us. Thank you very much to all who were involved with this. Definitely coming back to Florence and definitely staying at Hotel David & definitely demanding room 31 again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Filfromoz
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post I'm happy we could find your credit card and even happier you found at the David what you were looking for!
We wait for you next time you decide to come to stay in Florence.
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in late November. We found the hotel to be perfect. Charming and helpful staff, bountiful breakfast and a happy hour topped off with a lovely, spacious room and a comfotable bed made up with lovely linens. It is in a great location. It is within walking distance of the sights, but still off the beaten path away from the throngs of tourists. We were there in inclement weather, but the location still works.......since the bus practically drops you at the front door. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Molly P
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for the nice words about the hotel! I'happy you had good time with us here at the David and as I supposed our location is perfect for the travellers who wish to stay very close to town but far enough to be our of the crowd!
Brasília, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We chose this hotel thanks to the good reviews on Trip Advisor and even so were surprised by all the good points at this gem of a hotel. Everything is nice in it, even the fact is is not situated in the middle of the historical center of Florence: it is only a pleasant walk away from it, along the Arno river. If you are tired after a long visit to the palaces, take a taxi there and pay around 5 euros for it. The staff is unbelievably nice and helpful, service is extra generous and efficient, breakfast is the best possible, the free snacks at the happy hour delicious and much, much more. In a word: we really recommend it and will certainly be back, as soon as we possibly can.

Room Tip: Since they have a lift, a back facing room in the upper floors is highly recommended.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sarment0
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Nice to see that you had good time with us here at the David and you appreciated our way to welcome our Guests. I'm sure next time you will decide to come back to Florence we will have the pleasure of welcome you as a repeter Guest then!
A big thank you to all our Guests who have given us the Service Award 2013!

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We are staying here at the David right now! Booked because of the high TripAdvisor rating. I will never doubt the website again. Everyone was so right. Friends pushed us to stay elsewhere, but we assumed so many positive reviews must have some validity to them. Glad we made that decision. Can we just live here permanently? Jay Dayton, Ohio

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jay G
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your words of appreciation I'm glad you had good time and you didn't want to leave the David.........then if you want to come a resident Guest we can work on a good deal for you!
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Based on our own scoring system, we score this hotel 8.8 out of 10, ranks 3 out of 8 among all the hotels we booked during the europe trip. *** Win => Service, Room size and Bath room: 5.0/5.0, Clean: 4.75/5.0. *** Loss => Location: 2.5/5.0 *** Other comments: Free minibar. Complementary wine for honeymoon traveler. *** Highlight: Happy hour => Free drinks and snacks are served before dinner time at lobby. Check it with hotel staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Traveler_L_Liu
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you to have put us on your personal podium! Our location is not a secret we are 20 minutes walk to the Ponte Vecchio bridge!
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The positive feedback left by others were spot on about Hotel David. We were particularly impressed by service we received from Chiara, who pointed us to the great restaurant locations including her favorite pizzeria [Gattabuia] ; Ernesto, who took care of our early taxi reservation back to the Firenze airport and Vittoria, who showed us how that there is a remote button to lower the blinds if you are staying in the quadruple room on the first floor [which is very spacious] like we were and who brought us cappucino's and hot chocolate to our room when we missed the breakfast! We can attest to the little things that others have mentioned but I do have to mention about the surprise we had when we checked in. We reserved online and I guess we had a special offer to a free lunch at Trattoria Bordino in the Ponte Vecchio area which turned out really nice! I would not recommend buying the three day bus pass since you can easily walk back and forth from the hotel to the Ponte Vecchio area. If you do wish to take the bus, it is easy enough to catch the D bus right into the town, however there was no direct way to return to the hotel [at least we could not figure it out] and we spent considerable time on the bus going on its route. Much easy and faster to walk back to the hotel if you can manage it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank ctokirio
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm glad you had good time with us here at the David and I'm very happy you remember Ernesto, our night consierge, a new entry in our Staff!
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Having a first trip overseas as a single parent with teenagers it was a bit overwhelming! Until we reached the Hotel David. The staff was so incredibly helpful we actually cut short the end of our trip to return to Florence and the Hotel David. They helped with extrememly accurate and easy walking and driving directions, called cabs, suggested great restaurants, and even moved and parked our car for us. It has to be one of the best places we have ever stayed. And the room was great with 3 beds!

Room Tip: no restaurant but happy hour snacks and breakfast were awesome
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank lawmomx3
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Nice to see that you are back home and you carry good memories of your stay at Hotel David and we will do as much as we can to keep our standard so that when you will be back we will still be your best hotel!