“Nice and quiet”
Review of Unicorno

Unicorno
Ranked #128 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My father, brother, and myself were only in Florence for a night and two days. This hotel was within walking distance of the train station. I wish that I had been able to see more of the city, but I had injured my foot and was forced to stay behind. I was glad to be in an air-conditioned room(we were there in the middle of June), and the WiFi was a definite bonus. The bathroom was very small and somewhat awkward to maneuver, but it served its purpose. The service was great and the breakfast in the morning was very refreshing.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MissMaryEllen

Reviewed March 22, 2012

My first impression was not good the place smelled strongly of bad drains . As soon as I opened the door to out room my heart sank and I felt I needed to appologise for bringing my mother to such a run down poorly appointed place. Room 204. The decor was very tired looking and bare and the bathroom was so small that the toilet seat was set at an angle, to enable it to fit under the wash basin. There was no extractor fan or window in the bathroom and there were broken tiles. Curtain linings had holes in and the tiny safe in the top of the fridge was broken. The room towels and bed linen thankfully appeared clean but the room was drab and needed completely gutting and refurbishing. There were 2 other rooms bathrooms on the other side of our walls and this didn't bode well for a good nights sleep.
However the location was good and the staff helpful and polite. The small breakfast room was kept very clean by the extremely pleasant staff and there was a reasonable choice of continental breakfast items, all of which were fresh including lovely pastries. Only gripe, fresh fruit would have been nice rather than tinned.
I believe that part of this hotel has been refurbished. If this is the case I would advise anyone booking here to ask specifically, for one of the newly refurbished rooms. All in all a clean budget hotel well located for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: No 1 priority ask for a newly refurbished room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank suedUttoxeter
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This was our first time in Italy and really did not know what to expect but we were not disappointed by our stay at the Unicorno Hotel. Staff were very friendly and gave us a map with places to go and what to see and places to eat. We were helped with our cases to our room. The room was clean and comfotable and towels were changed daily and beds remade.
Breakfast was a delicious continental with plenty of choice and good coffee to start the day.
The hotel is only a few mintes walk from the heart of florence, the Ponte Vecchio, The Doumo,shops, delicious ice cream and the Uffizi gallery with breath taking art.
When I return to Florence this is the hotel where I shall stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Florence and enjoy lovely Italian hospitality <3

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I have been staying in this hotel for a few times since I travel frequently to Florence for work. I really like the location because it is an step away from the town centre. Rooms are big and confortable,also to be right in the city centre, you dont notice the noise from outside! Breakfast included with lots of choices is an extra thumbs up for it also! :) The staff is friendly and always available. The last time I was there, I have been in the new rooms they have which are actually really nice! I will higly reccomend it for your stay in town.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CeciliaCy
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This hotel is at walking distance from the main train station but also 5 minutes from the city center. My room had been recently renovated and from my window I could even take a peek on the Duomo dome. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. I would definitely recommended it for people who are looking for a nice and clean accommodation in Florence.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank GleRy
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I can definitely recommend this hotel. The people were super friendly and helpful booking a wine tour we were interested in. The room was spacious and clean, air conditioner worked, which was great bc it was about 85 when we were there in mid September. Shower was fine, although nothing to write home about, but for the price I think we paid $135/night with breakfast included it was a GREAT place. The location is FANTASTIC!!! SO central, super close to train station, and the Duomo. Thank you Unicorno for a great stay! It was just what we were looking for, a cute, clean, well located place to stay for three nights in Florence :) Grazie!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Livwell
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This hotel is in a great location within an easy walk of the train station and the leather market. The rooms are decorated in "Florentine" style and have a fridge. Even though our room fronted the street (which buses thunder down) we slept well as the windows are very well glazed. The owners/staff at reception were really wonderful and helpful and friendly. The room and bathroom were both immaculately clean. Breakfast was ok though not fantastic - nice bread rolls. This is a lovely little hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple