“Loved it! Old charm, good location...”

Villa Carlotta Hotel
Ranked #238 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We stayed in April 2998 and loved it. We found it very hard to find as I misread my map and directions and we ended up god knows where. We eventually found Villa Carlotta and what a pleasant surprise. We were on the top floor so the view in the morning when we opened our shutters was magic. My stereotypical Tusan outlook.
The room was lovely, spacious, clean. The bathroom was the same.
We spent some time sitting on the 'verandah' downstairs sipping Chianti that we bought from the Villa. Very relaxing.
The girl on reception was lovely and helpful, and she gave us a good tip for dinner - a small Italian restaurant down around the corner. Was typically Italian, good pizza, nice Chianti.
The small square down from Villa Carlotta has fresh fruit vendors there in the morning which is perfect for picking up a few pieces of fruit for the day ahead.
It was about a 20-25 minute walk from Villa Carlotta to the train station (once we realised the direct route to the Villa!). A nice, easy 15 minute walk into the main town of Florence.
We loved Florence and Villa Carlotta contributed to it!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Villa Carlotta Hotel

Reviewed October 12, 2010

My boyfriend and I had to find a place to stay last minute in Florence and came across Villa Carlotta by way of TripAdvisor. They were able to book us for one night that same morning! It was a bit away from Central Florence, but in a really picturesque place and close to Boboli Gardens. Very European flair, with regal furniture detail. Free web access for guests, great breakfast, and clean rooms. Would recommend!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I spent two nights in Villa Carlotta for business in town. I wish I could have brought my fiancée with me as she would have love the charming of the hotel and the warmess of the staff. Bed were really comfortable, the breakfast lovely and the dinner superb.

I also enjoyed very much the spatious terrace with the garden and the fountain.

I strongly advise Villa Carlotta to everyone looking for an hotel with personality!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2010

The hotel was a bit pricey but the service, location, and breakfast were worht it. Rooms are big, clean and luminous with a comfortable bathroom. The hotel is only a 20min walk from the Domo and other downtown attractions.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I spent one evening at Villa Carlotta. I was assigned the cheaper 'dependance' room. Not very spacious but the layover was short and sleep good. Room nice and seemed pretty new, but the hallway smelled of mildew and needs refurbishing. Overall I'd give it a 3star rating, but didnot have a great experience with the dining. Cannot vouch, but food seems precooked. There was also only 1waiter for dining and service slow. I encountered same problem for breakfast. Again, only 1waiter and it took forever to get a clean table and coffee. Don't know if I'd want to stay there again on a short trip, but probably more fit for leisure travellers.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
villcar, Direttore at Villa Carlotta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2010

Dear Guest,
We are very sorry for the inconvenient you found, you would be happy to know that after your feedback on the service we modify the organization inside the Hotel.

Best Regards

Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 29, 2010

Waking up the first morning hearing the birds sing and opening the window shutters and the first that I see was a blossoming cherry tree. Vacation! This hotel is a real gem, a nice walk from the city center. Two minutes from the Boboli gardens. I definitely recommend this hotel. The staff is very nice. Tasty brekfast with coffee made directly for you. The best!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2010

We stayed for a week here, because both trip advisor and Frodor's gave it great reviews. We rented a car and drove around Tuscany and there was free parking. The breakfast is fantastic (I still miss it every morning). We also had Dinner there the first night since we came in late and were exausted. Very attentive service, good food, great wine, and all at a very resonable price.

It is close to Bobili Gardens and the Meusems and a short walk to the bridge. We saw some of the other comprable hotels in Florence that we had considered while planning our vacation (most were nice hotels but in dirty and loud areas), and we were very happy we chose Villa Carlotta. We had an unforgettable experience and much of it was due to the wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple