“Never stay there again”

Select Hotel
Ranked #323 of 411 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Our room wasn't ready at checkin. We has to wair 30 minutes! It was really tiny for 4 people. Awful bed and pillows. Lousy location. Definitely not a Best Western standard. Don't stay there!!! Worst room old and smelly. Stay away!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
98169, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Carmosaop

We are very sorry to read your survey though we really thank you for having done it.

Let us point out some things: our rooms are always available for sure afeter 2 o'clock pm. In the case clients come earlier, we do let leave their luggage in our storage room.

Every room is checked by BW periodically, and also if you didn't like the room, the front desk team would have done the best to help you out and to solve the situation.

Most important the location, we are sorry you didn't like but actually once you book a hotel the first thing is to look on a map to see where it is situated.

At the end we do feel sorry if you did not like our hotel because we work at our best to satisfy our clients.
Regards

There are newer reviews for Select Hotel

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This location is not centrally located and costs 12-15 Euros one way by taxi to go to the city center (walking is a a good 20 min hike). The worse part of the hotel is that it is mosquito infested. We all got bitten so badly that we missed one full sightseeing day as we could not sleep. Definitely will not stay at this property.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SantaAnaFellow
98169, Guest Relations Manager at Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear SantaAnaFellow,
thank you very much for completing the guest survey:
On behalf of the management and the front desk staff, I am extremely sorry to hear you had a bad experience by us.
The Hotel is not located in the city center, it is 1km away from the train station, a bus ride would cost €1.20 and the bus stop is just five minuts walking from the hotel.
I am very sorry about the mosquito problem, unfortunately it is a problem which is not possible to control, but for a deposit of €5.00 at the front desk we provide stuff anti mosquito.
I hope to have you again here in our Hotel

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was the only hotel in Italy we rented through a travel agent. He told us it was 3 star and near the center of town. It is not that close to the center of town and while it may technically be 3 star, it was the worst 3 star I have ever seen. We made the mistake of prepaying for two days. They gave us the worst room on the ground floor: it was small, smelly and noisy. When we complained the next day we received a better room, But why the games? Why not a decent room from the start. Staff varied from formal to snotty. The moral of the story: do your research.

The breakfast room was downstairs and quoted dreary. Again, the worst and least appetizing of the four hotels we stayed at in Italy.

Avoid

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Retiredguy101

Dear RetiredGuy101
on behalf of the management and of the front desk staff we are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay by us.
Our Hotel is 1km away from the main train station, 15 minutes walking, or 10 minutes with bus #22 maybe your travel agent was wrong?
We do hope you could give us another chance to proove you how confortable could be your stay by the Best Western Hotel Select.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

On a 12 days Italian trip, this was the worst hotel!! After the first - and last - night at the hotel, my question to the unfriendly person at the reception was if the room we got it is usually used for persons or for their companion pats. I'm sure the space was initially destinated for storage. The breakfast was really poor and the Internet was not functioning!!!They might have better rooms in this hotel, but booking with Expedia, this is what we got!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dandana11
98169, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went to this hotel because it was located close to the business purpose of our trip.

The room was nice and practical - but nothing more.

The water in the shower were not hot enough for me - that was the only thing that really bothered me

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Noam H

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I feel sorry there was a problem with a shower, maybe knowing it we could have fixed it
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Select in Florence for 9 nights in March. I had a wonderful experience in this hotel. The staff was very helpful, the room was clean, the washroom was a good size with a nice shower, and the beds were comfortable. The Wifi did not work on the day that I arrived. They were most apologetic, and they had the repair people come right away. The wifi worked well for the rest of my time there. The breakfast buffet (which was inclued in the price) had a nice selection of juices, coffees, teas, buns, bread, cold cuts, cheese, cereals and more. It was a great start to the morning. The staff were more than happy to answer all of my questions. One night at 3am I came down to the lobby because I was feeling sick and they got me milk and something to eat from the kitchen. Now that is what I call service! They made the call to book a day trip that I requested and gave me detailed directions how to get to the city centre (can take bus 22 or walk about 20 minutes). When I asked for somewhere to have dinner in the area, they recommended a pizza place (that the locals use, not an overpriced tourist trap) that was a ten minute walk from the hotel. I enjoyed a delicious pizza and it was very reasonably priced. I feel that I received excellent value for my money by staying at The Hotel Select. Yes, I could have booked closer to the city centre and cut down on my walking time, but that would have cost a lot more. So I stayed a bit out of the city centre at this wonderful hotel that felt more like a B&B. The staff would give me my key and ask about my day when I returned each evening. I very much appreciated this personalized service and would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ELiz5

Dear Eliz5

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
I remember you ver well and it was our pleausure to have you here as guest.
Hope you come back very soon there are still a lot of things to see in Florence.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel is a typical older hotel near the heart of Florence - safe, old, residential neighbourhood.
We spent 3 nights at the hotel, in March 2013. Even if they say its location is not far from rail station, we couldn’t find it very easy. The hotel’s location is in a quiet district, quiet street far from the crowds of the city. Even if it is not located in the center, you can easily get there by bus 22 from railway area.
Very clean and spacious room, big windows and curtains with blades to keep dark. Our room was facing the main street but being a quiet area we were not disturbed by the traffic. Old furniture but well maintained in the room with comfortable bed. A big and modern bathroom was a plus. The housekeepers really do a great job, cleaning the room and changing the towels everyday.
Very kind and useful and friendly staff, they helped us with a lot of information about how to get in the city easily. But the maximum points get the breakfast! Very good with a large variety of bread and food (fruit and natural yogurt, jam and honey, butter and margarine, 2 different kind of cheese and the same for ham, boiled eggs, cereals, fruit, different kind of pastry with/ and without fillings, good cappuccino and coffee and a very good juice! I didn’t use the internet (Wi-Fi), so I can’t give any info about!
I friendly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mara2305

Dear Mara2305,

thank you very much for all your praises for our Hotel.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay, the city, the Hotel staff everything.

We are happy when you are satisfied, that's our job, therefore I hope to see you again soon here in Florence!