Lowest prices for your stay
$82
Priceline
$88
Destinia.com
$61
Expedia.com$88
Hotels.com$88
travelup.com$79
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I stayed at in Italy. The room was so small dark and dirty. The bathroom and shower were tiny too. It's not in a central area and I checked out after one night to find other accommodation. You can definitely do better!!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank laurengA7576SM
ErmalK, Direttore at Hotel Arizona, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear Lauren,
Thank you for having taking your time to provide us with your valuable feedback relating to your stay with us. We are deeply sorry to hear that not everything during your stay was to your fullest satisfaction. However, we will continuously improve our services based on the feedback – positive or negative - that we receive from our customers. If you had mentioned these concerns to us at the hotel, we would have made our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible (e.g. change the room). We do not know how the room felt unclean for you but it is, of course, in our interest to maintain a high standard of customer service and this includes the cleanliness of the rooms. We also hope that you enjoyed our breakfast which included kosher-products. Our hotel is rated highly because of the many satisfied people who have enjoyed their stay at our hotel. The single room you booked reflects the European standards and we do our best to preserve the unique architectural characteristics of this beautiful building. Our hotel is located in Santa Croce, one of the most historical and traditional districts in Florence, which reflects in our opinion the very soul of this magical city. We hope, that during your next visit in Florence, we can welcome you once again at our hotel to prove, that we are really passionate about guest service.
Best regards,
Elton Kometa
Manager

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Lovely family run hotel just outside the main tourist areas, but only a few minutes walk to the main square. Very convenient location, very clean and the staff very extremely helpful and nice. I stayed in a single room with an amazing view of the Synagogue. Will be staying here again the next time in Florence for sure. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We stayed a few nights in the hotel. I think my husband chose the hotel based on the price , location and availability . A lot of the other hotels were full .
This is a small hotel . The room is dark but good size for 3 adults. It's lighting is too dark for me since I prefer bright rooms so I can read. The air conditioning is controlled by the front desk which is a hassle since I like a colder temperature. The hotel is a bit old .
The toilet is ok. Breakfast area is beside the front door. The food is limited . The hotel also has a restaurant right across the street. There's not really a lot to look at around the area since mostly residential.
The hotel is around 15-20 minutes walk from Plaza Republika. At the end of the day, when you are tired, the walk back to the hotel feels endless! But if you're ok with walking, it's good exercise!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2017

great central location - once you can find it - large clean bedroom with fresco on the ceiling - although the bathroom was a little on the small side but clean and adequate. Some lovely public rooms. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. But the main attraction is the restaurant opposite - owned by the owners of this hotel and if you are staying at The Arizona they allow 10 per cent discount on meals at the restaurant. Parking is either outside the hotel or in a small garage just close by.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank JOHN04LEEDS
Reviewed July 23, 2017

The good:
The hotel is in a reasonably good location, ten minutes from the station and all the old centre. It's a quiet neighbourhood until the authorities start power-washing the streets at 6.00am every day. I cannot fault the staff, the help I got was second to none when checking in. A map was provided with the best routes to all the main sights, and every time I returned after a long day walking I was made to feel welcome. Breakfast is your usual continental selection. A tip; avoid the filter coffee as it's like dishwater, order fresh instead.

The bad:
The carpets on the stairs and landings are dirty.
The room, I was in a small single, which was ok except the bathroom was small. I barely had room to turn in the shower, and the tiny sink held a cup full of water. Water pressure was almost non-existent, as was hot water. It rarely got above warm. Worst of all was the carpet in the room, which was filthy. A yellow carpet that could barely be seen for dirty stains. The wallpaper was scuffed and ripped too. Air conditioning is controlled by reception, so I was woken a couple of times as it kicked in, which I wasn't happy about.Others reviews have mentioned the cleanliness in the hotel, so maybe I was unlucky in getting a room that hadn't yet been refurbished.

As the title of the review says, the good (excellent friendly staff, decent breakfast and good location) outweighed the bad (the tiny bathroom and filthy carpet), but I'd think twice about staying here again.

• Trip type: Traveled solo