“A good choice”

Continentale Firenze
Ranked #25 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 19, 2014

All the main sights and attractions of Florence are in a 1km radius of this boutique hotel located at the northern end of Ponte Vecchio. The décor of the hotel is warm and welcoming. Our room was cozy and spacious. The staff was always courteous and helpful. Concierge assisted us with our Chianti tour and more. We were a little surprised when we learned that they don’t serve breakfast at the hotel. However, they said that we can dine in either Gallery Art Hotel (10m from the entrance of the hotel) or Hotel Lungarno (just on the other side of Ponte Vecchio just on the river bank) which turned out to be a great alternative. The continental breakfast had a quite wide and nice selection. The iPad on the elevator was fun: new pictures of people everytime you ride it. There were some minor issues such as elevator breaking down and the daily not being able to connect to the wi-fi (was told because of the number of guests on the terrace trying to connect). However, overall we had a good time at the hotel.

PS: For those who are planning to drive to the hotel. Being located in the "pedestrian" area, the hotel doesn’t offer free parking. They work with a nearby garage which will charge you 35 EUR per day plus 5 EUR for each time you ask for your car.

Room Tip: Street noise may be in issue so ask for a room at a higher floor. You might even want to reconsider...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
PG C, Responsabile reception at Continentale Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Sirs,
first of all let me thank you for your important review. We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to let you know that it was a big honour to host you in our property.
Please, give us the opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you had with the lift and the wi-fi.
Regarding tha garage, I agree with you that is a little bit expensive the fees you have to pay for the valet service, but unfortunately, being in the real hearth of the city, no space for car is possible here.
Thanking you for the nice experience we had together, we hope to have you here again in the future..
Warmest Regards!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My daughter and I had a wonderfull time in Florence and @ the Continentale. Roof terrace with view on Oltarno and the river Arno is really awesome. The Continentale is a very nice boutique hotel. We cannot rate the quality of the breakfast; we chose to have breakfast near museams and art galleries. Know for sure we will come back :)

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter and higher floots have less street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sirs,
first of all let me thank you for your very nice review! Your feedback is always important for us and we are glad to have contributed to make your stay so special.
Our rooftop is so beatuful, but what make it special is you host.
We hope to have you here again in the future...
Our Best Regards

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend (babymoon) and the staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are very clean and nice, the hotel is very centrally located. We had a great experience. Some noisy guests woke us up by talking loud in the corridor one day but that was a minor thing. Sometimes it smelled from the sewer in the receprion ground floor but that seemed to be the same all over Florence.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
PG C, Responsabile reception at Continentale Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Sirs,
first of all let us thank you to have choosed our hotel for your stay in Florence.
We are really glad that you were so satisfied about your experience with us and we would like to apologize for the noisy you had coming from next guests and we just want to inform you that for the smell we have now found a solution, so we hope to have the possibilty to host you again in the future to make your next stay PERFECT!
Our best regards!!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel is absolutely one of the most cozy, yet sheik places I have every stayed in my travels. Yes, it is a bit awkwardly organized because of the building and surrounding community. However, the rooftop terrace is the best place in the city for an afternoon drink and the iPad in the hotel elevator is a riot!

The atmosphere with all of the contemporary art is unlike anything else you will see in Florence – a very nice contract to the impressionism and history you will experience everywhere else. The service was actively present, gracious and helpful. While it seems everyone in the city has their hand out for gratuity, you will happily compensate these folks if you need their services.

We received a room upgrade to a corner room overlooking the river and we could not have been more pleased with the cleanliness, design and amenities. We did not use the yoga mat or the weights that were provided, but it was cool to have them there. The only drawback (NOT A PROBLEM) is that the restaurant is in the sister hotel across the plaza. It is about 5 strides from door to door and should not impact a decision to stay here or not, but worth mentioning.

The breakfast buffet was plentiful and the meal service staff was exceptional. If you want to stay in one of the nicest hotels in Florence that is located in the absolute PERFECT place and you are willing to pay a little more to have a special experience, this is the place for you. We will be back.

Room Tip: ASk for a room that faces the river. The corner rooms are significantly bigger.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
PG C, Responsabile reception at Continentale Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear client,

thank you so much for your kind review! I'm so glad above all that we were able to help you to spend a happy stay at Continentale.
Thank you for your appreciation of the structure, the furnishings and services. As you pointed out so well, the terrace is a special place to spend an afternoon in Florence. Thanks again for the nice words about the atmosphere that reigns at Continentale. Hoping to welcome you again as soon as possible, I greet you cordially

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a beautiful property with the best location in the amazing city of Florence. I was in town for 3 nights to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday with 20 of us coming from all over the world. I was given room 408. This looked and felt like a youth hostel room but with Ferregamo bath products. There was literally a single bed tucked to the wall and a small shelf and a stool. That's it. The bathroom was lovely though. I wish they could've moved the bed to the bathroom. I complained about the horrible size of the room. I mean normally even a single room would have a small desk and a place where you can put your bag. After I complained, I was offered to move to a bigger room on my last night. I was also given a night for free and also I didn't pay for minibar. The manager was very understanding and friendly and he was quick to resolve the issue. Breakfast is good and wifi is very good too. So overall beautiful hotel and amazing service. Just make sure you don't get room 408!

Room Tip: Avoid room 408
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ahmedsol

Dear client,

thank you for your review and for appreciating the hotel and or services in particular. I think I remember clearly the disappointment you underlined in your review and I am very pleased we were able to prove to you that in that situation we understood you point of view, trying to find the best solution. I hope to have the opportunity - as soon as possible - to show you how important for us are the expectations of our customers.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've used the roof terrace before but never stayed until a few weeks ago. It was a one night treat booked well in advance and I got a relatively good advance pay in full at time of booking rate. The single room was tiny but immaculate and beautifully planned with a great bathroom. Streetview but excellent electric blinds to cut out noise or light. I slept like a log in my niche single bed. It was fab! Only grumbles - ridiculously expensive mini bar and I feel some sort of basic breakfast (coffee, croissant and juice) would have been a great touch to have been included in price.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear client,
I want to thank you for your appreciation for the Continentale.
I am so pleased that you appreciates our terrace and for your kind words about your great slept. Finally, thanks to the details concerning breakfast and minibar. Please consider that they will be taken into great consideration.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Nothing like what we saw on the internet .. TV never worked neither did wifi .. Smelled like sewage .. Our concierge Sylvia was wonderful .. All these problems were not in her hands .. The roof top bar that inspired us to book this hotel was NOT available .. Not good .. Deceptive advertising ..

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank lalmirch22
PG C, Responsabile reception at Continentale Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Sirs,
Such a damn!!! We are so, so, so, sorry!!
First of all we would like to thank you for your review. Your feedback is so important for us. I deeply understand your point of view and we apologize for your inconveniences and hassles you had during your stay.
Concerning wi-fi connection unfortunately the lack was due to a maintenance enforcement of the whole area . Actually at present the situation was solved and Internet is working again. I really regret for your bed experience.
Regarding the rooftop terrace, it was under renovation for the opening of the spring season and we regret so much that you didn’t have the possibility to enjoy this beautiful part of our building. I want to thank you for the nice words dedicated to our conciege.
We really hope you would like to give us another chance - coming back visiting us in Florence. We would like to have the possibility to be close to your expectation!

Regards