Continentale
Ranked #33 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Definitely stop by the rooftop bar for a drink and some snacks. You can see the whole city from here, and the ambience and international visitors are great. We went for the sunset and had so much fun we stayed until closing. And they have real potato chips (like you get in the US).
Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KatieBusch2
PG C, Responsabile reception at Continentale, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you so very much for the positive feedback and wonderful review! I am glad you enjoyed your experience at the Sky Lounge roof-top bar and hope you make it back on your next trip to Florence!

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Art Gallery which is part of the same group which I enjoyed but the Continentale is even better! It's very cool and airy. Bedrooms in white and wood with cool curtains. Location is superb right by Ponte Vecchio and all sites are within easy walking distance. The rooftop bar is cool with amazing views across the city. The mezzanine floor has great relaxation zone and even the lift has cushions!Breakfast is good but a but expensive at €25. Staff are lovely so helpful and so stylish. Be lovely for a romantic break. Sadly I was working

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I were on our honeymoon from Australia. A wonderful hotel, very modern with great service. Beautiful rooms looking straight out onto the Ponte Vecchio. We didn't get to use the rooftop bar but is meant to be incredible. So close to great shopping and restaurants too.

• Stayed: September 2013
PG C, Responsabile reception at Continentale, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for the marvelous review! We hope to see you again soon, hopefully next time getting the chance to experience the rooftop Sky Lounge bar!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Made a mistake with my dates so arrived a day earlier, so the sister hotel, Gallery Art checked me in to Continentale for a night and it's beautiful!!!!! My wife loved it. Private breakfast, contemporary art all over the hotel. Simply, gorgeous. I'd recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hustla

Thank you for the lovely review! I am very glad to hear my staff was able to quickly and efficiently resolve the problem of arriving a day earlier and that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks again and we greatly look forward to welcoming you back to either of the hotels, Gallery or Continentale, in the near future!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Loved this place! We stayed across the river at the Lungarno for 3 nights (sister property, also a Ferragamo Hotel) and then moved over here for the remainder of our trip because the Lungarno was booked up. It's sleek, hip, modern and in the best location for getting everywhere. We had a large comfy bed with white gauzy curtains around it. A postcard perfect view of the Arno and the Ponte Vecchio, but noice was not at all a problem with our windows closed. The views however were to die for. It was a river view deluxe room. The bathroom was amazing - separate room for toilet and shower so the mirror did not get all fogged up while hubby took his shower. And it was a really nice, big shower with glass double doors! Two big closets to unpack everything. Did not try breakfast here as we were getting up early to take the train down to Rome for the day. But I highly recommend the Sky Lounge on the roof. Superb ambience and views. Yes, the drinks are expensive and the service is s-l-o-w, as most reviewers have mentioned, but it is Italy after all. Perfect spot for after dinner drinks. Not so much a full-on sunset spot, there is the Piazzale Michelangelo for that, but a very special spot in it's own right. I had read a few reviews that talked about the horrible smell in the hotel and some of the rooms, but we did not have that in our room at all. I would suggest that if you booked this hotel and the room they give you does have the odor, ask immediately to switch. With the exception of one of the male wait staff at the Sky Lounge, we had impeccable service from every other member of the staff there - from restaurant suggestions to re-arranging our car to the airport to just being kind, and helpful. They were all smiles and very sweet. We asked for a wake-up call one morning and one of us most have knocked the phone off the hook. Someone appeared at our door to make sure that we woke up. That is service! I left a pair of earrings on the bedside table upon checkout and did not realize it until we were in our plane preparing to take off. Hubby called, they located them and returned them to me in the states within a few days. Wow, unheard of. I have left things in hotels before and somehow they just magically never found them. Loved the vibe, the room décor, the people, the location, the bathrooms... pretty much everything. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for a light filled room with a view of the Arno on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank domrocsmom

Thank you for the incredible, and highly detailed, review! I am so very glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I am also glad you were able to experience the Sky Lounge roof-top bar while you were here! My staff and I here in Florence greatly look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Italy. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Well located close to shopping and historical sites.

Small rooms but relatively big bathroom.

Overall very satisfied with my experience.

I would stay here again and suggest this hotel if you don't plan on staying in your room that much

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel is wonderfully situated, but apparently this is not enough to grant proper revenue, so staff, at least in my case, invented something. I had to pay my breakfast €25 (to give a measure, an excellent pizza and a pint, near to Palazzo Pitti, cost me 8.40€). I booked online and I was quite sure I asked for included breakfast, I must admit no signs of breakfast included in my booking confirmation, still usually when you come to an establishment, staff offers you packages in which breakfast can be selected. In my case, I learnt the hard way in Italy you must ask for "services", as apparently none cares selling them. In any case, €25 for a breakfast is simply insulting.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AdR68
Federico C, Manager at Continentale, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2015

Dear ADR68,
thank you very much for sharing your opinion in regards to Hotel Continentale.
More than a year passed since you last reviewed our hotel.
I would like to inform you that I took care as part of the management team of Lungarno Collection.
Breakfast right now is offered with a special package of 18 Euro per day for the whole length of stay and allows you to enjoy our "breakfast around": choosing a different hotel every day to enjoy your very good morning.
I believe in redemption, especially in this business, and I do hope you will have the chance to change your mind and experience once again our hotels.
If you would like to book directly, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. It will be our commitment to assist you for breakfast included rate and take the chance to welcome you once again.
Looking forward to hear back from you,
your sincerely