“Simply Fabulous!!!!”
Review of Continentale

Continentale
Ranked #33 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Cant say enough great things about this hotel!!!
-Perfectly located-walking distance to EVERYTHING. But on a quiet side street away from the commotion.
-Gorgeous, clean, modern decor. Felt elegant and open.
-Super friendly and professional staff. Great recommondations and direction services.
-Breathtaking rooftop lounge. Perfect for an evening cocktail. Stunning views.
-Lovely and large room. I was alone and booked a single. To my surprise it was very spacious. King sized bed with flowy white canopy. Separate, UPSTAIRS bathroom/closet area. Very big and had small balcony!!! Fabulous room. Good wifi.
-I didn't get breakfast included but the hotel was kind enough to offer it to me HALF PRICE for every day I booked. I happily excepted. Got a plentiful selection of fresh goods every morning. Beautifully prepared. Very classy touch.

Loved every second of my stay. It's a luxury hotel so it's not cheap..but in my option you get every penny's worth! I'll be back next trip.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank AmandaDolan

Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

We had booked a smaller b&b for Florence and switched to continentale after 1 night. It was stifling hot in the other place and the wifi stunk.
The room at continentale was gorgeous. The bed was amazing. The space and openess was incredible. They had a/c even though it was Fall. What an amazing place. Beautiful rooftop bar. Overlooking the Ponte Vecchio. Worth every penny to stay there!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank TaylorTravelTimes
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel in a perfect location! The hotel is very modern, the decor was great, and the rooms were large. Our bed was huge and comfortable, and we had a great view of the river and ponte vecchio. The lounge on the roof was beautiful and service was excellent. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th or 5th floor for the best views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Animaldoc
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The Continentale is a peaceful haven set in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the beautiful city of Florence and its famous sites. A small and stylish hotel with a relaxing ambience and immediate views of the intriguing Ponte Vecchio standing above the River Arno.
Little tranquil lounges where you can 'unwind'.
Our large,clean 'white' room with white voiles,white bedlinen, subtle lighting and the 'softness' of the natural wooden floors, was so calming.
The staff were very pleasant, polite, efficient and made an excellent team. Breakfast, set up prettily, was enjoyable and adequate.
The Sky Lounge...a unique experience! During the day,we were able to 'soak up' a little sun in the privacy of our own hotel. But, at night, how it turned into a 'wow' venue! An intimate and chic bar with spectacular views of Florence! It was the perfect place for us to entertain a group of friends celebrating a 50th Birthday.
We will certainly return to this hotel...Loved it !!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Having tried a lot of hotels in Florence and been continually disappointed... I stumbled across the Continentale and was immediately impressed by the photos.

Just trust me, they don't do it justice!!! It is phenomenal! Walking into the room I was immediately impressed by the cleanliness, but on closer inspection, the smaller touches just blew me away. Comfy bed, fabulous sheets, amazing shower, black out blinds, infinite lighting combinations, clocks for bedside tables and slippers next to the bed ready for me to slip on!

Then there are the artistic touches around the hotel, including light fittings, pictures and a myriad of subtle touches!

But to top it off, and don't waste time, get straight up there... There's the rooftop bar!! I've drank in a few funky establishments, and this is right up there... Literally!! Overlooking the Ponte Vecchio, with comfy sofas, heaters and tables that illuminate at night... It doesn't matter what time you go, Nastro has never tasted better, Nevermind their wonderful wines and liqueurs!

I don't work for the hotel, I promise! Try it, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank NoyesTravels
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This was my second stay in Hotel Continentale. The reception was quite wonderful as I was not pre-booked and came in off the street - I was helped immediately and within 6 minutes I was checked into a wonderful clean modern room. I previously stayed in a larger suite with my wife but was alone this time. Even better than I remembered and I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Satravellar
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The Continentale sets a very high standard for modern hotel design, and was, all around, one of the nicest we have stayed in during all our travels to date. Conveniently located right at the corner of Ponte Vecchio (of which we had a view), the hotel is clean, comfortable, professional, and so stylishly furnished that it borders on almost being futuristic. End tables are made of clocks, desks are modular travel trunks, sinks are flat white slabs, windows and partitions are covered by automated blinds, and the bed (with its canopy) looks ethereal as if it was a floating cloud (and feels that way when you sleep too!). In the lobby, a live video feed of Ponte Vecchio foot traffic is projected on the walls. If, like us, you enjoy modern style, you will definitely appreciate the design of this hotel.

We were also very impressed with the Continentale's breakfast, and options are plentiful with access to all sister hotels: you can eat a small Italian breakfast on site, go to the Galleria just across the street for something more elaborate, or visit the Lungarno across the river for a full (warm) meal. In all cases, the cleanliness of presentation, freshness, and the quality of the food was top notch – you really do feel as if you were out for brunch at an artsy café (rather than at a hotel buffet).

While our general praise is focussed on the design and quality of the hotel, the professionalism of the staff and their attention to detail should not be overlooked. One act that we found demonstrated this commitment to customer service was also a very small one: each evening, upon arriving in our room, we found an updated printout of the following day’s weather forecast. A very small gesture, of course, but one of great convenience and very much appreciated by us.

At the end of our stay we are left with nothing but compliments and pleasant memories: an excellent hotel – essentially flawless.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple