“Great location, great service”
Review of Hotel Brunelleschi

Hotel Brunelleschi
Ranked #22 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Oakland, California
“Great location, great service”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in a central location, and the staff is friendly - yet treats everyone like royalty. We met a young couple that had been upgraded to the Tower "penthouse" room, and they were overjoyed with the setting. Our room was luxuriously spacious with a great view, and peaceful at night.
The concierge desk staff were helpful getting us the Firenze card and booking reservations into the Uffizi/Vassari Corridor Tour beforehand, plus arranging recommended restaurant reservations. The bar service and breakfast are great, and our dinner in their Torre Pagliazza/Elisabetta restaurant was wonderful. Do make sure you see the archeology site down below the Tower.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joanie1959
GMHotelBrunelleschi, Direttore generale at Hotel Brunelleschi, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I have had the opportunity to read Your comments about your short stay at our Hotel Brunelleschi and I would like to thank you for your positive opinion about our hotel.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Florence and I invite You to visit the Hotel Brunelleschi’s page on Facebook or the magazine in our web site to be kept up dated on latest news.

Claudio Catani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

They just seem to do everything right at Hotel Brunelleschi~ extremely friendly upon arrival and know your name throughout your stay. Our 2 rooms were gorgeous and not lacking anything. The location of the property could not be better as it is down a (very narrow) quiet street, across from a superb chocolate shop, and right in the main square of florence. We walked everywhere we went and found awesome eateries just around the corner. The bar is hip and the daily breakfast most plentiful. We loved finally having a nice gym during our 2 week tour of Italy. The gym is small, but has the basics needed. We would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: We had rooms on the 4th floor, facing the Duomo. Higher floors should be more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LoveToTravelVirginia

Glendale
Reviewed June 8, 2013

One of the finest hotels I have ever experienced. The location couldn't be better, with 1000's of great shops and restaurants steps away. Il Duomo and all the major attractions were nearby. At check-in, our front desk agent, Paulos offered an upgrade to a very special penthouse suite and since it wasn't available for the entire length of our stay gave me a discount from the regular rate. It was still expensive but an experience we will remember forever. The master bedroom was on top of the hotel with a 360 degree view of Florence and the Duomo was our nightlight. Also had a private terrace and Jacuzzi just outside the upstairs master. Being tired the fist night we asked Paulos to suggest a quick, casual nearby restaurant . He called ahead, and actually walked us up the cobblestone street to the restaurant and insured that we were well taken care of.
The hotel is very upscale and elegant, yet the entire staff was warm and friendly which made us very comfortable, no stuffy, pretentiousness at all. They were happy to arrange transportation, tours, reservations, whatever we asked.
We spent four days, two in the "billionaires suite" and then moved to a regular room which was also comfortable and elegant. An espresso machine wasn't included in our regular room and I asked Stefano, the front desk manager to arrange one even though it wasn't included and he accommodated my request. Little things like that really make a difference. I can't think of any negatives at all and can't wait to go back. Four days just isn't enough to scratch the surface of Florence and I look forward to more time in Tuscany. Thanks to Paulos and all the hard working staff at the hotel for making our stay in Florence even more magical.

Room Tip: Get the nicest room you can afford and this is the place to splurge a little. A suite with a Duomo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Swanman823
Dear Guest,

I have had the opportunity to read Your comments about your stay at our Hotel Brunelleschi and I would like to thank you for your positive opinion about our hotel and our staff.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We went to this stunning hotel in March this year. We went for my 40th birthday. I shall be booking next year for my husbands 40th birthday we loved it that much. Staff were so amazing even letting us into their kitchens to do our son's special diet milk. Highly recommend this hotel. I am highly travelled & I was thrilled by this service. Fun fab & beautiful rooms, gym, resto, bar what more can you ask for :)))

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Birianiweewee
Dear Guest,

I have had the opportunity to read Your comments about your short stay at our Hotel Brunelleschi and I would like to thank you for your positive opinion about our rooms, our gym, our restaurant and our bar.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 6, 2013

great location, awesome breakfast, beautiful rooms and the rest of the hotel too, excellent service. rooms are sound proof. very happy with the place. only thing is that rooms are quite small for the price u are paying for. but i suppose in florence its probably like that. btw they give good tips about where to eat.

like!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I have had the opportunity to read Your comments about your short stay at our Hotel Brunelleschi and I would like to thank you for your positive opinion about our location, our breakfast, our service and our rooms.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great location, great breakfast, great service, beautiful building, and solid gym! While we were only here for 2 nights, we would have loved to stay longer!

Our room was on the street, which was a bit noisy, but nothing a pair of earplugs can't fix! The internet connection was also strong enough to allow me to stream a movie.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I have had the opportunity to read Your comments about your stay at our Hotel Brunelleschi and I would like to thank you for your positive opinion about our location, our breakfast, our service, our building and our gym.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Hotel Brunelleschi during a recent trip to Italy. It can be overly cumbersome to find a hotel in Italy since, for Americans, we're used to seeing familiar names like Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, etc. In all of the old areas of Flornence, it's one-of-a-kind hotels and you have to take a leap. That's what we did here and did it pay off. The staff is very kind and polite, always offering to help whenever possible. The rooms while small were clean and very comfortable. The bathroom is huge by European standards. The breakfast was great and featured both European and American favorites. The internet is free and while it was a little slow, it worked just fine. Location was superb - to the Duomo in less than 5 minutes, Piazza Vecchio in about the same time as well. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Some views are better than others. The internet can be slow if you're looking to do any serious...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

thank You so much for Your comment which helps us in our commitment to meet our Guests’ expectations.
We are very happy to learn about Your stay and that You enjoyed our rooms, our staff and our breakfast.

We hope to welcoming You back again soon and invite You to visit the Hotel Brunelleschi’s page on Facebook or the magazine in our web site to be kept up dated on latest news.
Best regards