Hotel Brunelleschi
Hotel David(Florence)
$188
$180
3,037 results
All reviewssanta elisabettabeautiful hoteltower suiteperfect locationbottle of proseccoour honeymoonturn down servicean upgradehotel restauranthistoric buildingthe heart of the citytravel agentbreakfast was excellenthighly recommend this hotelaround the cornerthree nightsbeautiful room
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I really liked this Hotel until the prices tripled!
I suppose it was less when it was under construction. Okay that's fair but... They don't have room service with food. The location I'd great. It's quiet too. But 350€ a night.. Too much.
Sorry if I'm going to spend that kind of money I'll stay somewhere really swanky like the Gallery Art or Savoy.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is quiet in the morning.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sbdesign
GMHotelBrunelleschi, Direttore generale at Hotel Brunelleschi, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are in receipt of your comment and would like to thank you for taking the time for sharing with us your experience at the Hotel Brunelleschi in Florence.
I do apologize for the inconvenient with room service; in our Room Directory, in the section Room Service, we have listed a Tuscan menu with 6 appetizers, 6 starters, 6 main courses and 6 desserts. There is a wide selection of snacks and salads too. A night menu from 10.30 PM to 7 AM with hot and cold dishes is also available.
We regret to know that our room directory was not enough exhaustive for your needs.
I have great respect for your comment and invite you to visit us again in the future to allow us offering you a special welcome to give you good memories to take home with you.
I remain at your disposal for any further information you may need.
Best regards
Claudio Catani – General Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2013

i just loved it. The contrasts: a modern glass stairwell inside the ancient stone tower was amazing; perfect temperature and humidity control; a magnified makeup mirror with touch lighting (I must have one); a friendly, cozy and unpretentious bar with very "interesting" people; staff who are professional, accommodating and warm. I can't imagine it gets better than this.

Room Tip: only thing I missed was a bath tub, but I understand you can request a room with one
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Recently returned from Hotel Brunelleschi after a 3 night stay and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is perfectly situated and is not far from all the main sites and the train station. There is a bus stop at the train station (with the company Terravision) where you can pay 6euros to get to Pisa airport- ideal!

The place is very luxurious and there are some great finishing touches that just make life a lot easier (the hairdryer was better than my own, the bed was extra king size, the mirror in the bathroom doesn't steam up when you shower, the turn-down service was great) and also the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Although the rooms were comfortable, I had an issue with the heating coming on automatically in the middle of the night after I have turned it off before bed. This made the room too hot, but this was only a minor problem.

I would definitely recommend the breakfast but did not order anything from the bar/ restaurant as it seemed really overpriced. Ditch the tourist trap for the evening meal and try somewhere like Proscuittos near the Uffizzi Gallery.

We booked this hotel through the BA Avios points and didn't have any problems with checking in.

The hotel is around the corner from a supermarket (called Meta I think...) so grab some drinks and snacks there instead of paying the mini bar prices (10euros for a tiny 25ml bottle of gin)...

Room Tip: We stayed on the 'new' side which was lovely - didn't have the chance to see rooms in the 'old' side however.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I got a good deal online but upon arrival was told there was a computer problem and they had to move us to Hotel De La Ville (which obviously was not comparable to the Brunelleschi) for the first night. We weren't happy about it, especially since it was my birthday. Then next day we asked that they upgrade us to a junior suite at the Brunelleschi, they did and gave us a bottle of proseco. It was a nice gesture and the suite was beautiful with a great view. But we checked Tripadvisor and noticed that this is not an isolated incident. If you check the 1 to 3 stars reviews, many guests were send away to other hotels on a regular basis, some were sent away even when the hotel was still accepting reservation online for the same day. I'm not sure what is going on with Hotel Management but this is not normal nor is it acceptable for a 4-star hotel. My takeaway is that if you got a good deal online, it might be too good to be true and you'll likely be the first to get bumped if they are overbooked. But if you don't mind the hassle and are willing to gamble for a nice junior suite then this might not be a bad option.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travel_Bug_Will
GMHotelBrunelleschi, Direttore generale at Hotel Brunelleschi, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest,
We want to thank you for sharing your experience at the Hotel Brunelleschi with us. We can assure you that the information you have taken the time to provide us with will help to improve our quality of service.
All information and details that you have given will allow us to offer our guests a higher level of service. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated and valued. They give us the opportunity to reflect on the current situation and to broaden our concept of hospitality.
We would be honored to have you as our guest again in the future and please feel free to refer to the feedback you have provided us with when you make your next reservation. Doing so will allow us to offer you a special welcome in what we hope will be your home during your stay in Florence.

Claudio Catani

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. The staff were outstanding and very helpful with recommendations. The hotel was very central and extremely convenient for all attractions in the Duomo area, and only a few minutes walk from the train station (everything seems only a few minutes walk, which is fabulous). We were upgraded which was unexpected, but lovely. The breakfast was very satisfying with some delicious pastries which I wouldn't normally eat for breakfast, but they looked so divine that it was hard to resist! The only thing I would fault is the price of the bar and restaurant. We avoided using these as you are so close to so many other restaurants that it isn't necessary to pay the prices here, so it didn't affect our stay. Would go back and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have fairly busy roads beneath them which seem very bustly, but we were there in winter so had the windows shut. I am unsure how noisy it would be at night with them on (probably quite noisy being so central - sirens/bell chiming aside) but air conditioning works so would recommend using this instead of opening windows.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple