“Overbooking seems to be a recurring problem”
Review of Hotel Brunelleschi

Hotel Brunelleschi
Ranked #22 of 421 Hotels in Florence
London, United Kingdom
“Overbooking seems to be a recurring problem”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I got a good deal online but upon arrival was told there was a computer problem and they had to move us to Hotel De La Ville (which obviously was not comparable to the Brunelleschi) for the first night. We weren't happy about it, especially since it was my birthday. Then next day we asked that they upgrade us to a junior suite at the Brunelleschi, they did and gave us a bottle of proseco. It was a nice gesture and the suite was beautiful with a great view. But we checked Tripadvisor and noticed that this is not an isolated incident. If you check the 1 to 3 stars reviews, many guests were send away to other hotels on a regular basis, some were sent away even when the hotel was still accepting reservation online for the same day. I'm not sure what is going on with Hotel Management but this is not normal nor is it acceptable for a 4-star hotel. My takeaway is that if you got a good deal online, it might be too good to be true and you'll likely be the first to get bumped if they are overbooked. But if you don't mind the hassle and are willing to gamble for a nice junior suite then this might not be a bad option.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travel_Bug_Will
GMHotelBrunelleschi, Direttore generale at Hotel Brunelleschi, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
We want to thank you for sharing your experience at the Hotel Brunelleschi with us. We can assure you that the information you have taken the time to provide us with will help to improve our quality of service.
All information and details that you have given will allow us to offer our guests a higher level of service. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated and valued. They give us the opportunity to reflect on the current situation and to broaden our concept of hospitality.
We would be honored to have you as our guest again in the future and please feel free to refer to the feedback you have provided us with when you make your next reservation. Doing so will allow us to offer you a special welcome in what we hope will be your home during your stay in Florence.

Claudio Catani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. The staff were outstanding and very helpful with recommendations. The hotel was very central and extremely convenient for all attractions in the Duomo area, and only a few minutes walk from the train station (everything seems only a few minutes walk, which is fabulous). We were upgraded which was unexpected, but lovely. The breakfast was very satisfying with some delicious pastries which I wouldn't normally eat for breakfast, but they looked so divine that it was hard to resist! The only thing I would fault is the price of the bar and restaurant. We avoided using these as you are so close to so many other restaurants that it isn't necessary to pay the prices here, so it didn't affect our stay. Would go back and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have fairly busy roads beneath them which seem very bustly, but we were there in w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Brunelleschi this past January. I travel to Florence 2x's a year and have finally found the perfect hotel. Location is perfect, the rooms are all recently renovated and comfortable and the staff very helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I loss counting how many times I keep returning to this hotel.
I do not think I will ever change my mind though I have tried from time to time several hotels in Florence as I am returning at least three to four times a year.
YES just for holidays.
Every time a get a different room one better than the other and I can not make my mind which I love the best.
I know that every room make me feel comfortable the same or even more.
Amazing breakfast as always. The best scrable eggs and bacon in town.

Room Tip: If you are a solo traveller you will always get a big double confortable bed
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ireland
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed in the Brunelleschi for our 10th wedding anniversary from the 9th to the 12th of February.
It is a beautiful hotel right in the centre of Florence - just a stone's throw from the Duomo- and yet it's tucked away and quiet.
From the time of our check in to our check out all the staff we encountered were courteous and friendly.
Both the public areas of the hotel and our room were beautiful. Room was beautifully furnished with a King sized bed (very very comfortable), large flat screened TV, walk in wardrobe and a gorgeous bathroom. The windows were excellently glazed and blocked out ALL street noise, something I really appreciated as I am a very light sleeper.
The breakfast was delicious too. Eggs perfectly cooked and a lovely selection of fruits, pastries, yogurts and breads. Even a selection of seeds and toppings for yoghurts. Prosecco also on offer if anyone fancied a Bucks Fizz ;)

I only have two quibbles:
1) The air con stopped working on two of the nights. On the second night we rang down and informed reception. In fairness they did offer to move us immediately but as we were leaving at 3 in the morning we declined.
2) We were given an incorrect bus timetable for our airport bus to Pisa. This resulted in us missing our bus and nearly missing our flight. Luckily there was another bus company making the trip and we got to the boarding gate just as they were closing it.

All in all I would definitely reccommend the Brunelleschi to anyone travelling to Florence who is looking for a beautiful hotel in the heart of the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The best hotel in Florence. Right in the centre and next to the duomo. Lovely breakfast, loads of choice. We are picky hotel guests and this place is amazing! The rooms are so clean and nice with plenty of space and good size bathroom. Would make the perfect honeymoon hotel, Florence was brilliant! Staff were great and told us the best places to go.

Room Tip: Get breakfast in the hotel as Florence is expensive and it Is a lovely buffet
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mje3780
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We've stayed here twice, and this is a beautiful hotel located in the center of Florence. Close and convenient to pretty much everything. The rooms (at least the ones we stayed in) were large and comfortable with expensive furnishings. The lobby is beautiful, and the included breakfast was a real feast. The service is wonderful, the staff very attentive and they clearly understand that most of the guests are tourists from outside Italy and thus may need some additional patience and assistance. The front desk staff was super helpful in finding us a voltage adapter for my lap top when I lost the one I had brought with me. All in all a great hotel, but note it is very pricey $$$$$$$$. Even so, I still give it a 5 star rating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple