It would be a shame if people were put off using this hotel, as I almost was, by some of the extreme comments posted by a minority of contributors whose reviews appear in the 'bad/terrible' category. They simply don't correspond to what I experienced.
I needed to spend 4 nights in Florence; this was the first one that came up on Booking.com; I needed proximity to the railway station and was willing to meet the fairly pricey tariff (about €470 for the 4 nights' single occupancy). It's a perfectly unexceptionable 3-star hotel, i.e. limited public space (though a nice little bar) a well-used elevator and a cramped shower cabin, but my quiet, air-conditioned, high-ceilinged room was spacious and perfectly clean, and I slept like a log on a comfortable bed. Breakfast was lavish by Continental standards and staff friendly and responsive. The Champs Elysee the street ain't, but it's a picturesque 10-minute or less walk from the Duomo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Florence and built on a Templar church, just a few hundred metres from Santa Maria Novella train station and the Fortezza da Basso, the Hotel Machiavelli Palace is the ideal location from which to explore the city's secrets and reach all the major museums and monuments on foot in only a few minutes.Multilingual staff 24h.Rich buffet breakfast.Air conditioned.Exchang service.Wi-fi service and internet point. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Machiavelli Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machiavelli Palace Florence
- Machiavelli Palace Hotel Florence