“Very impressive service by All the Staff”

Pierre Hotel Florence
Ranked #98 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Very impressive service by All the Staff”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Pierre, right in the centre of the beautiful and picturesque City of Florence. The Hotel is in the centre of the City and nestles among the fashionable shopping area of the City. The Staff could not have been more helpful and attentive. The room was very clean and luxurious with an ensuite shower room. The linen was changed each day. The breakfast room on the fourth floor overlooked Zara. Wheat free bread and decaffinated coffee was supplied to my partner. Breakfast was self service and plentiful.
Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor. very quiet and enjoyable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Remarhotels, Direttore vendite at Pierre Hotel Florence, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for choosing the Hotel Pierre for your recent visit to Florence.
We appreciate your comments and we feel very proud that our team was able to meet your expectations and that you loved the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Pierre.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night and could not have been happier. I was traveling alone (to meet friends) and wanted to try a new hotel in Florence right in the historic center. This hotel was great. The room was well sized with a king sized bed, crisp sheets, a great bathroom and nice toiletries. It was very quiet (which is a bonus in Florence) when it was time to sleep. Very little outside noise. Great location right by the post office (another bonus). The breakfast (included) was an ample "American" breakfast with hot and cold choices. The hotel is on a side street near the Straw Market. Use a cab from the train station- under 10 euros.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I enjoyed a very pleasant three-day stay at Hotel Pierre. The rooms were very comfortable, the complimentary breakfast selection was generous, and the lobby bar service was great. And, it's central location was excellent - convenient to everything we wanted to see so we were able to walk almost everywhere.

After we left, I realized at my next destination that I'd left something behind in my room there. I emailed them and explained the situation. They responded immediately saying they would check with housekeeping in the morning, then emailed me the next morning to say my belongings had been found. I gave them the address where I was and they sent my things by overnight express.

That's the kind of attentive service one hopes for, but doesn't always receive!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Remarhotels, Direttore vendite at Pierre Hotel Florence, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.
We really work hard to achieve the goal to make every guest's stay in Florence unforgettable, thank you once again for your nice words and comments!
We are definitely looking forward to welcome you to the Hotel Pierre if you are going back to Florence in the future.

Kearny, New Jersey
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Pierre (Via de' Lamberti) is an older style hotel very convenient to see the sights in Florence. Large rooms, perhaps somewhat outdated, but with all the conveniences. Centrally located a few blocks from both the Ponte Vecchio and the Basilica. We had a very lovely 4 day stay at this hotel. Walked to all the sights. Retsuarants located within a four block radius. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for your nice review.
We are very happy that you appreciated our hotel and enjoyed your stay in the center of Florence.
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights, and while the hotel is ok, there is misinformation on the website, or the staff just couldn't be bothered. The website clearly states that a transfer can be requested through the concierge, even though it is a 7-10 minute taxi ride from the train station. On calling, I was told, no get a taxi, its too close for us to arrange. I said, but its on your website. I was told..we dont come for 5 minute ride!

The website also states Room Service. It doesnt say Room Service- breakfast only!
We arrived late but didnt worry as we would order something from room service. On arrival, we were bluntly that room service is for breakfast only. I asked if there was somewhere where we could get some take away. I was told no by one person, and yes by another. On arrival, the venue was a restaurant, and did not have take away. I again asked if there was anywhere to get some food. I was told, go along the front, there are places for tourists. I asked, 'do you know if one is better than the other?", and the answer was...all tourist take aways are bad, take your choice!!!
I stopped asking at that point.

It seemed that when we did require some sort of service from the front desk, we were imposing. One particular very loud female, seemed to spend a lot of time on the phone. I was standing at the desk, she saw me, and continued her conversation. I know it was a personal call by her loud laughing. I had to wait till she finished her call, and then she reluctantly asked me what I wanted. Her answer was always preceded with a 'sigh'.

I will not stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eirinoula
Dear sirs
It's difficult to discover the guests with only nickname from this review, and it is disappointing to read a negative comments particularly those which were not raised during the stay and affording us an immediate opportunity to try to resolve or clarify the issue.
We just want to clarify that the room service is from 7.00 am to 11.00 pm and not for breakfast only.
Your point of view, about our staff, is very different compared to all the other ones that have stayed at the Hotel Pierre and found our team really helpful.
In any case we assure that your comments will be taken into consideration and we will follow up to ensure this not occur again.
We Hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back at Hotel Pierre.

Perth. WA
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I (from Australia) have stayed in this hotel on 3 occasions. Two weeks in 2011, 2 weeks in 2012 and 3 weeks this year..2013. Why? Because of the pleasant atmosphere in the hotel and the central location. The Members of staff are uniformly professional and pleasant and the room is cleaned spotlessly each day. The breakfast room is lovely ,with large windows which on one side look out on Orsan Michele.
There is some street noise at night from noisy young tourists but none from traffic because this is a traffic free zone.

Room Tip: Rooms 205,305 and 405 are lovely large rooms. Those higher up have a little less noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have to say that location is perfect, but this is not a 4 stars hotel. 3 stars would fit them better. When arriving they tried to give us a dreadfull room saying that it was better than the one we had booked. After arguing with they for a while they said they didn't have any more available rooms although we had booked one month in advance. Finaly we got our room, a standard one than was much better than the "superior room" they had tried to give us upon arrival.

Room Tip: Así for a room in main building
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Remarhotels, Direttore vendite at Pierre Hotel Florence, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent visit at Hotel Pierre, we consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad, they does help us to improve the services and facilities we provide.
It is our goal not only meet, but to exceed our guest and for this we have thought to offer you
a Superior room with view.
We regret that you do not appreciate our offer, but we have promptly changed the room in a standard one as you reserved.
Thank you again and we hope to have you amongst our guest in the future .