We just checked out from a 3 nights stay in this hotel in Florence. This hotel is definitely different from any other hotels you can get in Florence. The building itself looks very different from all the ancient buildings around, but it's not too modern that look awkward. I like how it looks very much. The whole hotel looks very hip.
We arrived the hotel at 11:30am, the room was ready for us already. The reception staffs were very friendly and professional. Apart from just checking us in, they offered a brief introduction of the city to us, which is very impressive.
The room is quite small actually. There is only one corner in the room that I can open my suitcase completely. But the room is very new, clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom is very spacious and beautiful. The bed is using Simmons mattress. I am really surprised a 4 stars hotel will offer Simmons. A good night sleep is always the most important thing when we travel.
This hotel is located a bit away from the main attraction points, but it's still under walking distance (about 15-20mins to everywhere). It is just 100m away from the main river. It's highly recommended to have an early morning jog along the beautiful Florence river.
The breakfast is very good as well.
There are lots of overpriced and very old so called 4 stars hotels in Florence. If you like a boutique hotel with good bed, and if you don't mind to be a bit away from the main attractions. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Florence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Michelangelo puts you at the heart of historical Florence.Our 119 hotel rooms have been recently refurbished in a chic, elegant, contemporary style. Conveniently located near to Florence's central train station, you're also a short walk from the famous Ponte Vecchio, with its glittering goldsmiths shops. All provide a relaxing base for your weekend or long-stay in Florence. Inside, we're set up to combine business with pleasure, with 7 conference rooms for up to 230 people and a stunning restaurant and bar, Assaggi, where you can savour your destination in true Tuscan style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Starhotels Michelangelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Michelangelo Florence
- Starhotels Michelangelo Hotel Florence