“Pizza for those who know nothing about it”
Review of Pizzeria Spera

Pizzeria Spera
Ranked #381 of 2,877 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have read all the rave reviews about this pizzeria and can't help thinking that I didn't go to the same place. I found their pizza very average, not salty enough, very stodgy and uncooked in the middle. They don't use real mozzarella cheese, their pizza has a high crust and their oven is not a wood oven so I don't know how they can claim for it to be the best traditional pizza around. The staff were quite rude and we had to wait ages to be seated. The restaurant is extremely small and cramped but that wouldn't have bothered me if the food or service had made up for it. I wouldn't recommend it.

1  Thank FlorenceFoodie

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very small, quite hard to find, but persistence paid off. Pizza were huge, freshly cooked very tasty and a wide selection of toppings.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and I can't stop dreaming about going back to Florence if for nothing else, Spera. Asked their favorite food in the world, my kids will undeniably say pizza from Spera. We discovered this amazing place with just a few weeks left in Italy and we visited it four times during that period. If only we'd found it sooner!!! Coupled with the fact that Gelateria de Medici is a few steps away this is a must-visit destination!

Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

This has to be one of the most undeniable pizzerias I have ever been to for the shear fact that it takes what is best about Italian pizza and gives some new world attributes. Thick, creamy mozzarella with a crust you would consider half way between the traditional Italian thin crust and the American style crust. Seasonal ingredients, plenty of choices but god is it hard to find. Be prepared with directions, many cab drivers will not be able to find this location. Good luck and buon appettito signori!

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I went there for lunch at around 12:15. They haven't opened yet but still let us in because of the heavy snow. The pizza was great with a super crispy crust. I think this is better than Gusta Pizza. BTW, we saw a photo on on the wall that is the daughter of the owner. She has won the pizza championship few years ago! Try it and taste the difference!