“Comportable and less stress!”

City Sightseeing Florence
Book In Advance
More Info
$27.54*
and up
Florence City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Ranked #106 of 360 Tours in Florence
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Asking for directions is quite difficult in Florence because of the language. The city tour connects most magnificent views and spots of the city specially at the hills of piazza Michaelangelo during sunset, wherein the elegance of the city and the Ponte vecchio (old bridge) is pretty amazing.

Tips: if you are staying for a couple of days, it is recommended to have the Firenze card, which allows you to fast access in most museums and hassle free travel within Florence hence it is also valid for trams and buses.
Note: Most tourist mistakes! even if you hold a bus/tram ticket (agile/ataf), it must be validated first on a small validating machine right after you enter the bus/tram. Unvalidated ticket means a fine of 45 ueros or more.

2  Thank MigsDeManille

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our trip to this beautiful city was hindered by being left at a bus stop that a bus never returned to despite being there 35 minutes prior to the time posted. We also found that they started off early in the morning on time, but got increasingly later as the day went on, so the "Hop On Hop Off" did not work. In Italy the buses are free so I would take them after you map out where you want to go. We ended up walking a long way to a hotel to get directions to a bus stop that would take us back to our hotel area. So the sales pitch for two routes, didn't work because you can only complete one. Don't waste your money!

2  Thank Mary Christine P
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Buses are good and comfortable, they passes throught most beautiful parts of Firenze, and the most spectacular thing is view from the hill over the city! BUT, I saw much much better city sightseeing tours!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our past experience has always been good with the "op on hop off" bus tours. This rates as the worst. The head sets didn't work, no narration, if you didn't stand up they didn't stop and the staff were rude and disinterested in the tourists. The only polite person was the one selling the 2 day pass. We didn't use the second day and then discovered the bus went to an area of Florence that we drove to.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Only having a few hours in Firenze I thought that using the city sightseeing bus would be an ideal way of seeing the sites whilst getting a guided commentary. Sadly, the commentary didn't work on my first seat & I had to wait for a couple of stops before someone got off so I could move seats. I don't why I bothered as the recorded commentary was exceptionally dull & although you got the info you wanted the voice was so monotone to listen to that you tuned out after a while.
Like other reviewers, the cleanliness on the bus was not great & it would be good if they cleaned the windows more regularly as this is often the way you need to take your photos!
I would always recommend trying to get a seat upstairs but be careful when going up as the bus will pull away sharply from the bus-stop not taking any consideration for you trying to navigate the steep stairs. Try not to have too much in your hands so you can hold on to the handrails on both sides.
It is, however, a great introduction to a city & gives you a good flavour of what there is to see. With limited time like I had though, if I had to do the time again, I would choose one or two sites that I want to see in more detail & just head straight there by good old fashioned walking!