“Nude AND Food - doesn't get any better than this!”

Florence for Foodies
Ranked #5 of 148 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Nat & Sam, two passionate and fully licensed guides on Foodilicious tours packed with Florentine food, traditions, facts & fun memories. We´ll show you Florence’s hidden gems and the best that Florence has to offer.We also offer truffle tours and afternoon wine crash course with Italy's best sommelier 2014.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My teen-aged son and I wee the only two for the "Nude" portion of the tour. We met Sam outside the Galleria dell'Accademia for an really interesting hour-long tour focusing on the statue of David and the life of Michelangelo. While it is true that you can visit without a guide, having Sam there helped put everything into context. It's much more interesting to hear the stories and historical significance from someone who can also answer any questions that you might have. Sam had lots of stories to tell us and also gave us a little time to look around on our own. One of the nice things about getting there early is that there are no big crowds and you can easily get close to anything you might want to see. Also, you don't have to wait in a line if you book a tour with a guide which is a big bonus if you don't like to waste valuable site-seeing time waiting in a long, hot line outside.

After the Nude portion we were ready for "Food" and it was just a short walk down to the San Lorenzo market where we met up with the rest of our tour group.

Although I had passed through the market the day before, walking through with Sam was a completely different experience. We ate local pastries and a delicious Florentine sandwich with an amazing hot sauce on a crusty bun. We tried olive oils and aged balsamic vinegars. We tasted amazing cheeses and chutneys. And while we were enjoying all the food, we were also meeting the people who sold or made it and hearing stories about the history of the market and the people who shop there.

After the market, we visited a wine shop, where we sampled a variety of wines and finally after a little more walking were rewarded with lots and LOTS of gelato!

Another great bonus that you receive on this tour is the food advice of a local. Sam gave us a list of some local recommended restaurants and even made us a reservation at one of them for that evening with some friends of ours. Not only was the restaurant food incredible, but the service we received there was amazing as well. The following evening, we went to a recommended wine bar and had another wonderful, very special dinner and lots of special attention from one of the owners.

This is a tour for someone who would like to experience Florence a little bit more like a local would. It is not an impersonal guided tour, but more of a feeling of having a friend showing you around their favourite spots.

1  Thank Lynne D

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was probably the most fun thing we did in our entire time in Italy. Nat was such a wonderful tour guide, and so much fun. We learned alot about Michelangelo and the David, and then sampled so many wonderful foods in Florence. We would definitely recommend this tour! Carrie and Stu

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went on this tour on our first day in Tuscany to get a better grasp of the local food culture and customs and that was the best decision we could have made.
Not only did we gain some knowledge of the local specialities in food and wine but we also got some tips of cafés, restaurants, wine bars and wine yards that were very useful during the rest of our week in Florence and around Tuscany.
Most of all we appreciated the good humour of our guide Nat and the atmosphere she created in the group as well as the nice, friendly people in the food market and wine cellar that hosted the tastings included in the tour.
Probably the best day of our entire two weeks in Italy!

1  Thank Thompan80
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had a few days to spend in Florence on my own and wanted to visit and experience a part of Florence I had not seen before, and boy did I. I clearly remembered walking past several of the sites we visited on my way to tour famous site seeing spots when I had visited in the past. Not being from Florence I had missed out on half the fun. This time though, as Nat shared her friends and knowledge with the group, we ate our way though awesome Florence. I felt I knew people and revisited many of the establishments again, walking right in knowing I would be remembered and welcomed. I also had Nat make reservations for dinner for me. What a treat. Don't miss touring with Nat!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My friend and I traveled in Italy for two months and this was definitely one of the highlights. We did the nude and food tour which starts out with an excellent tour of David. It was great to skip the long line outside the museum and even more great to hear Nat's well-informed history of Michelangelo and the statue. Then, on to the food... wow! Every place we went had it's own bit of Florentine history, not to mention amazing food. I would recommend this tour to anyone!