“Restaurant Magnifico!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Description: "La Cucina del Garga" arrived on the Florence restaurant scene when Chef Alessandro Gargani returned from an 8 year run as Executive Chef in New York City's famous "Mezzogiorno Restaurant" in SOHO. It is there that he practiced his craft, honed his recipes and started his family. From an early age, his parents Sharon Oddson and Giuliano Gargani AKA "Il Garga" had instilled in him their passion for food and art. In 2010, he returned to his hometown to continue the family tradition born at The Trattoria in Via del Moro and then brought here to Via San Zanobi. The restaurant is an art gallery as well as showcase where talented local artists have the opportunity to show their work and customers can purchase paintings or sculptures to enrich their own private collections.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you are looking for that perfect pasta, (and who isn't??) go directly to La Cucina del Garga and order their Pasta Magnifico!!!! In one word it is....perfectaliciousness. Buon Appetito!!!!

1  Thank Brian L
There are newer reviews for La Cucina del Garga

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Go to La Cucina del garga if you want to be well taken care of. Host seats you and makes you feel at home right away. The night we ate there, was actually his birthday, so I asked why he didn't take the night off. He said, "I spent some time with my family this morning, but I love my work and wouldn't want to miss a night here." You can really tell he loves his job as you watch him describe the food and chat with all of the diners. Oh yeah, and the food was amazing! Best we had in Florence for sure and top of our list for all of our Italy trip. Started with insalata la garga and buffalo mozzarella with roasted peppers and balsamic. Both were very good. The roasted peppers were perfect and unbelievably sweet. Wife had "il vegetariano" which was grilled veggies (green beans and zucchini) with buffalo mozzarella and truffle sauce. The grilled veggies were excellent. I had a pasta with shrimp, calamari, and a citrus tomato sauce. The pasta was lightly sauced with the citrus flavors brightening everything. Throw in the best prepared calamari (so tender) I've had and it was great. A great experience of food as well as being well taken care of by the staff.

1  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We arrived with no reservation, a family group of 6. Staff said no table for 6 but created one for us. Some meals were quite different to what we normally eat and all were fabulous, from the starter of figs and prosciutto, to the fillet steak with porcini mushrooms, octopus and pastas. Great attention from the boss and all wait staff. I'll post a photo of "my little terrorist" giving his squisito sign for the octopus.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My favorite meal in florence was definitely La Cucina del Garga. The place is beautiful with colorful walls and artwork everywhere your head happens to turn. The ambiance is classy and inviting.

The staff treated us with the perfect balance of poise and professionalism, while still somehow making us feel like family. And that was all before we ever even ate the thing.

Every single thing we ate was delicious. Seriously, delicious. Don't do the American thing when you're here and just order one dish, order some of everything - aperitivo, antipasta, primi, secondi, dolce.

My only regret: my stomach wasn't large enough to finish all the dessert.

1  Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was here with my adults sisters, my spouse, and parents. The staff was charming and attentive, the food was delicious. There were many locals which always makes the experience so much more fun.

1  Thank bird1010