Relais Hotel Centrale Residenza D'Epoca
Orbitz.com
Hotel David(Florence)
$189
$181
All reviewstrain stationgreat locationcentral locationsan lorenzomedici chapelbreakfast roomrick stevestiny elevatorliterally around the cornerside streetstaff was friendly and helpfulpastriesgood sizethe ground floorstay there againquiet hotelfirst floor
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was my second trip to Florence in a year..I chose the Hotel Centrale based on the previous reveiws. It pretty much lived up to the ratings and reveiws I read. It has a good location and the room I had had a good view of the dome of the Medici Chapel. The staff was nice and accomodating as long as you didn't complain or insinuate that things weren't perfect. I say this cause I had a friend with me and we needed 2 beds. I payed for an upgrade so we would have the view and two single beds. When we checked in the girl at the counter was very nice until we came back and asked if the double bed could be split, which it could as it was 2 bed pushed together..her attitude came out. fortunately there was someone else there so as we explained what we wanted the other girl immediately took care of it. Took 5 mins as we waited in the lobby. There were 3 things about the room that were not a big deal but should be mentioned. 1. there was a little mold in the shower, not a problem for me but my friend was put off by that. 2. the wi-fi did not work consistenly 3. the temp of the room was very hot. Granted it was mid Dec and pretty cold out but the temp control in the room did not allow you to control. So we slept with the windows open which made for a slightly noisy night and early awakening..also getting to cold during the night, getting up to close and then it became to hot again...not the best setup for a sound nights sleep. Aside from this the hotel was ok. the price which included breakfast was fair and the breakfast was nice. I would recommend this hotel and would probable go back again but next time I would make sure the bed was the type I asked for and the temp more controlable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank csgcello
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Location- great. Price- good, cleanliness and comfort-great, staff- excellent.
A good choice as a base for Florence. The room was adequately sized, perfectly clean and most importantly for Florence - quiet!
Breakfast was good and the coffee too.
All in all this hotel ticks the boxes.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Hotel was really on the center (like its name) very close to Duomo, galeria Uffici, Ponte vecchio, Academia, piazza della signoria etc. If you are looking for a hotel that can rich all what mentioned above in walking distance this is the one. Room was comfortable, clean and the service was above average. Breakfast was limited but very tastefull. Ask the reception for their suggestions related to restorants, we did and resulted that we had perfect food in a very close tratoria. Elevator was really small and trafic signs on the wall really helps othewise you can loose, these were the only not positive things I can say for this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Odri2012
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were close to all of the main attractions. Very easy to stop by and refresh or drop off bags.

Rooms were large and clean. The staff could speak English well and were very helpful.

They had a "Happy Hour" each night. They put a sign up that said "Open Bar". I don't know if it got lost in translation but it was not an open bar.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel was clean and staff very helpful! An excellent central location; one block from the Duomo. The Room has high ceilings and long windows that could open. The bathroom was remodeled and they had a wonderful breakfast that was included in the price. It's more of a traditional hotel versus modern. My only concern was the elevator - it's tiny! It can only fit two people at a time and not with luggage.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple