“Fun and delicious day out”
Review of The Truffle Hunter

The Truffle Hunter
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany is one of the most important regions in Italy for truffles. Truffle Hunter is a company Florence based who has the aim to promote this excellent natural product. We will take you in a wood land in a true hunting with our dogs.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Our group of friends travelled to Florence especially for the truffle and wine tour. We had a fabulous day with Fabian who entertained us with his wine knowledge and sense of humour. While the truffle hunting was fun, the truffle eating was even better as was the Chianti wine tasting. We would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for good food and wine along with some good company in beautiful Tuscan countryside.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We did the truffle tour today. Its the most amazing experience for us. My daughter Alexis which is only 2 yrs old had a ball of a time. She love to play with pepe( the truffle hunter) dog so much. Massimo and family also hosted us to a nice lunch at their grandfather's house. We had a great time and strongly recommend anyone who visit San Miniato to do this.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hillary was the best guide ever!!
I booked the wrong tour by mistake. She called her manager who said for us to go on the tour and pay what we felt was fair. At the end of the day I paid their full advertised amount plus tip. I couldn't have been happier! We went on the Chianti Classico tour and visited two wonderful wineries. The smaller of the two was our favorite and he really put on the spread for our tasting! Awesome estate/castle with a traditional open fire for cooking right in the kitchen. Hands down, visiting and meeting Radolfo at his home/winery was the best part of our trip. Hillary, our guide, was great!! Very knowledgeable and fun to be around. THANKS FOR AN AWESOME TIME!!

1  Thank ezelong
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We can't say enough about our recent tour and adventure with our guide, Hilary on Oct. 3rd. We did experience a 30+ minute delay in starting our trip but this was due to our guide waiting and searching for others that had booked the trip but did not show. We were not familiar with the area and allowed enough time to find the meeting area ( national Library) and arrived 15 minutes early to find our guide was already there. The truffle hunt was unique and we had a great lunch in the countryside followed by a tour of a very nice vineyard with a very thorough discussion on wine with Hilary who is obviously very knowledgeable and attentive. Needless to say, Hilary was a delight and we would not hesitate to book again and have recommended this tour to our friends who will be visiting the area soon.
Dave and Jan

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My mother and I did the Truffle Walk in late August. Riccardo and his family met us very warmly and kindly answered our many questions. The truffle walk was an hour and a half of meandering through the beautiful forest and country roads with Riccardo and the indomitable Nebbia, who found us 4 large black truffles and the first white truffle of the season!

The truffle tasting, however, truly makes this experience. Riccardo's wife prepared us a beautiful spread, with four different types of truffle pate on bruschetta, truffle honey, truffle balsamic vinegar, truffle sausage, truffle prosciutto crudo, and an excellent bottle of Chianti Classico reserva.

Then what would appear before my eyes but an enormous PLATTER of pasta cooked perfectly al dente in truffle oil? Onto this pasta Riccardo proceeded to shave a ridiculous amount of black and white truffle. I kid you not, probably half a black truffle and an entire white truffle we found were sacrificed to this gastronomic cause. I've had fresh truffle pasta before in NYC that costs $150 which had probably 1/10 the amount of truffle that this pasta had, and they weren't truffles which I'd just dug out of the hills of San Miniato either.

Once in a lifetime experience.