“Awesome!”
Review of The Truffle Hunter

The Truffle Hunter
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany is one of the most important regions in Italy for truffles. Truffle Hunter is a company Florence based who has the aim to promote this excellent natural product. We will take you in a wood land in a true hunting with our dogs.
Russellville
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Hillary was the best guide ever!!
I booked the wrong tour by mistake. She called her manager who said for us to go on the tour and pay what we felt was fair. At the end of the day I paid their full advertised amount plus tip. I couldn't have been happier! We went on the Chianti Classico tour and visited two wonderful wineries. The smaller of the two was our favorite and he really put on the spread for our tasting! Awesome estate/castle with a traditional open fire for cooking right in the kitchen. Hands down, visiting and meeting Radolfo at his home/winery was the best part of our trip. Hillary, our guide, was great!! Very knowledgeable and fun to be around. THANKS FOR AN AWESOME TIME!!

1 Thank ezelong

East Haddam, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“recent tour”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We can't say enough about our recent tour and adventure with our guide, Hilary on Oct. 3rd. We did experience a 30+ minute delay in starting our trip but this was due to our guide waiting and searching for others that had booked the trip but did not show. We were not familiar with the area and allowed enough time to find the meeting area ( national Library) and arrived 15 minutes early to find our guide was already there. The truffle hunt was unique and we had a great lunch in the countryside followed by a tour of a very nice vineyard with a very thorough discussion on wine with Hilary who is obviously very knowledgeable and attentive. Needless to say, Hilary was a delight and we would not hesitate to book again and have recommended this tour to our friends who will be visiting the area soon.
Dave and Jan

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A once in a lifetime kind of experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My mother and I did the Truffle Walk in late August. Riccardo and his family met us very warmly and kindly answered our many questions. The truffle walk was an hour and a half of meandering through the beautiful forest and country roads with Riccardo and the indomitable Nebbia, who found us 4 large black truffles and the first white truffle of the season!

The truffle tasting, however, truly makes this experience. Riccardo's wife prepared us a beautiful spread, with four different types of truffle pate on bruschetta, truffle honey, truffle balsamic vinegar, truffle sausage, truffle prosciutto crudo, and an excellent bottle of Chianti Classico reserva.

Then what would appear before my eyes but an enormous PLATTER of pasta cooked perfectly al dente in truffle oil? Onto this pasta Riccardo proceeded to shave a ridiculous amount of black and white truffle. I kid you not, probably half a black truffle and an entire white truffle we found were sacrificed to this gastronomic cause. I've had fresh truffle pasta before in NYC that costs $150 which had probably 1/10 the amount of truffle that this pasta had, and they weren't truffles which I'd just dug out of the hills of San Miniato either.

Once in a lifetime experience.

Visited August 2013
carbondale
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terribly disappointed”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

coming from another country and not knowing the area can put you at a serious risk with this company. we were twenty minutes late to meet the tour in downtown Florence, after looking for parking for 10 minutes, and they were gone. lost our deposit. don't take any chances.

1 Thank maryinbantry
vifl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at The Truffle Hunter, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Mary ,

This morning the Chianti and Truffle tour started at 10:00 other 4 people and I were waiting at the meeting spot for 35 minutes . You can understand that more than this I couldn't do it with the other people waiting for you . All of them are witness and disappointed cause we waiting 35 minutes if you had called us to say you were late we could have tried to find a solution.

I think that writing a bad review for a tour in which you have no participated is very sad and makes it clear to all the readers of tripadvisor what kind of person you are.

Best regards
Hillary
Yardley
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Magnifico! One to add to your bucket list.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The truffle hunting tour was marvelous!!! We had a rental car and went truffle hunting in the morning and then drove on to Pisa for the afternoon. This tour got us off the beaten path and I learned quite a bit about the various truffle varieties and I was impressed by the creative use of the fresh truffles which have a truly distinct and yet surprisingly delicate flavor. Added bonus, I was so excited see an "artichoke on the hoof", growing right in the garden of the house where we devoured our delicious truffle appetizers.

Visited May 2013