“Wow!!”
Review of The Truffle Hunter

The Truffle Hunter
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany is one of the most important regions in Italy for truffles. Truffle Hunter is a company Florence based who has the aim to promote this excellent natural product. We will take you in a wood land in a true hunting with our dogs.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I went on atruffle hunt in April. Initially we were reluctant as the cost seemed high. Booking and preliminary arrangements were perfect. Directions to San Miniato and pick up at station worked well.

We went on the hunt with Salvatore and Billy. What an amazing experience packed with nature, information, beauty, fun and three black truffles!

We were also taken to the beautiful statue of the truffle hunter in the town.

Lunch was amazing, with lovely wine. Four course, the best we had on the tour.

This outing is not to be missed.
It definitely was the highlight of our tour!!

Sophia van Rooyen
Namibia

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

I was a bit concerned as it seemed expensive but I am so glad we did it, and for us it was definitely worth the money.

We had a white truffle tasting at one of the truffle hunter family's houses which was delicious. We were then driven by Massimo who is also a truffle hunter and Louisa to meet Salvatore who is President of the Truffle Association, and then we all went for a walk hunting truffles with one of the dogs Billy.

I didn't expect to find anything but we found 3 large white truffles and helped to pull them up from the ground which was exciting! Louisa's English was excellent and helped translate our questions for Salvatore. All of them were so knowledgeable and we learnt a huge amount about truffles and the local area - I really was fascinated! I had no idea there was so much to learn!

We could have bought the truffles if we had wanted but we opted not to as we were travelling for a few days after our truffle hunt. I probably would have if we were going home soon afterwards.

White truffles are probably one of the most sought after and expensive truffles in the world and I think are only found in San Miniato near Florence and near Alba so I felt very privileged to have been able to tour with the Truffle Hunter. If you're in the area and at all interested in truffles and going on an authentic truffle hunt with a licensed truffle hunter and a proper truffle hunting dog - I would highly recommend this tour - it was excellent and a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Please read A Unique "Tuscan Experience" submitted by Kerry S, Oct 22 2011. I couldn't have said it better. We had a wonderful time last November on a trip to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. In spite of the scarcity of good sized black truffles, Giulio's enthusiasm and teaching coupled with Christina's delicious Tuscan cooking, made this a fabulous experience. Eda is a delightful, and found us plenty of small truffles for our meal, and for a remarkable breakfast the next day.
It did feel like we were at home with good friends.
The only thing I'd add is that in addition to learning about truffles and olive oil, Giulio is also a very informative guide to the world of properly aged Balsamic vinegar. An eye-opening (and taste bud awakening!) experience.
I HIGHLY recommend this experience.

1  Thank KarenMAlaska
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had a great time with Vittorio and Giulio. Gulio took us out with Eta the amazing truffle hunting dog. We had a great time walking in the woods and learning about truffle hunting. The food was wonderful too.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Please do not visit Tuscany or Florence without doing this truffle experience with Guillio and Edda. My wife and I wanted to do something a little different to walking through churches and museums all day and this was the perfect escape. In the hills south of Florence your hosts Gullio and Cristina have a beautiful tuscan villa set amongst the olive groves. Dont forget your GPS if you are driving here.
Guillio is a true passionate master in the area of truffles. You will learn about how they propagate,where to look for them, the different types, the history and how to find them. And of course the dog Edda who is really the secret to successful truffle hunting. When you get back from 2hours in the forest with your find you then get shown how to wash and care for these little gems, and then of course tasting them and Christina will certainly give you a true home cooked Tuscan experience here. If you have any food allergies just let Christina know before you visit and you will be passionately accommodated. Make sure you try the true Balsamic Vinegar from Moderna as well.Gullio has a great experience here as well for you.
We looked at a lot of options and this was brilliant. A whole day in the Tuscan hills-fresh air, wine food and a whole lot of knowledge with some new found friends. Thank you Cristina and Gullio and of course Edda for making our visit to Italy complete. You were wonderful hosts and we will definitely be back to see you again.