“Absolutely the best restaurant in Florence”

La Buchetta Food & Wine restaurant
Ranked #20 of 2,912 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: Visit the first Brunelleschi Palazzo, in the hearth of Florence, and experience a Gourmet's lounge with a flavour of contemporary art. Open from 12.00 To 15.00 and from 19.00 to 23.00 , lunch and dinner. You can teste our traditional and creative cousine. is better to reserve a table thank you soo much.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I studied abroad in Florence this summer and the first week me and my friends went to La Buchetta and went again every single week for the next 8 weeks. They have homemade fresh pasta and it is a great place for family's and friends to gather around and have a great meal. If you are visiting Florence this restaurant is a must! One of the guys Angelo who works there is always so funny and kind to all of his customers and will truly make you feel like you are truly at home in an Italian style kitchen! I LOVE LA BUCHETTA!!!!

3  Thank Monica V
Write a ReviewReviews (2,488)

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Yesterday evening following Trip Advisor recommendations we had a dinner at La Buchetta. We started with pasta; my wife had gnocchi with gorgonzola & rucola and I selected carbonara in mushroom sauce. For the main we both selected scalloping con porcini. Everything was perfectly done, but my carbonara was the best I ever had, and living in Melbourne I had many in Carlton and was able to compare. Maurizio is a very friendly host and an excellent chef. Today we are heading there again for lunch, and looking forward to taste again Maurizio's culinary masterpieces.
Jack & Krystyna

1  Thank Jack C
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I lived in Florence for 2 years and go back every summer and I can finally say that I found the best of the best. The combination of great food, fantastic ambiance and amazing service made for a couple unforgettable nights. I went with a group of friends and we returned 2 more times during our stay.

The first night, we ordered the Antipasto della Buchetta, which brought a variety of local specialties....very well presented! Then we ordered the Bistecca which was prepared to perfection. (i've had many bistecca's in Florence, I can say this was simply the best). Next, I ordered the Raviolis, they were my favorite meal. I had never seen them prepared in that way...Beautiful presentation! One of my friends ordered the Gnocchi's and they were very tasty as well. Two options for dessert that were delicious (Panna Cotta & Chocolate cake)...loved both!

We were recommended different wines by our waitor that paired perfectly with our food. After the meal, we were offered 3 different digestive liquors and were asked to have as much as we liked.

The service was unbelieveable. Our waiter (Angelo) is especially talented with languages.... The menu was only in Italian and he managed to explain it in 3 or 4 different languages to some of the clients when needed.

The staff and owner were very welcoming...So much so that we couldn't resist coming back to visit our "new friends". I would 150% reccommend this place to anyone planning to go to Florence.

Maurizio, Susi e Angelo grazie per TUTTO!

2  Thank AndiO22
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My friend and I had been traveling through different parts of Europe for the last few weeks before getting to Florence... And after the fail that was Venice, all we wanted was amazing Italian food. We checked out a few places near by until we found La Buchetta. This place is absolutely amazing!! We both had the ravioli, chocolate cake, and a bottle of chianti classico (each). We also topped off the meal with limoncello and grappa.

The service was incredible. Our waiter explained the menu thoroughly and was very helpful when we asked his opinions/favorites. The owner was also there the entire night and let us shut the place down. Everyone was very friendly and the food was amazing!!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I was counting the days to finally visit this restaurant again! Everything was what I was expected even better of what I remember. Amazing food and very friendly owners.