“Excelent Raviolis”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: Visit the first Brunelleschi Palazzo, in the hearth of Florence, and experience a Gourmet's lounge with a flavour of contemporary art. Open from 12.00 To 15.00 and from 19.00 to 23.00 , lunch and dinner. You can teste our traditional and creative cousine. is better to reserve a table thank you soo much.
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Good ambiance and the food tasted awesome. I had the raviolis and my girl had the veggie plate. Eat here with confidence.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,334)

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Basically I agree with the majority of other reviewers, in that this is a good choice for a proper meal out. Understated elegance. Vettriano on the walls. What feels like proper Italian food, served just a bit differently (my ravioli for example came wrapped in a tin foil canoe, which of course kept it hot during the eat). A lead waiter who cares, looks after you, listens, advises you without spin, knows the food, and the wines, speaks English. We saw the chef from time to time, came out to chat. Airconned. Good food, fine wine, nice atmosphere. At the end they gave us a free digestive. Great!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

There was a mix up with our dinner reservations and this restaurant was our backup plan. Talk about divine intervention, this place will go down in history as the best carbonara I have ever had (which is a lot). Our waiter, Angelo, charismatic and handsome, gave us the best recommendations. I will say, I wanted to order every pasta on the menu but we ended up ordering the carbonara, ravioli, and their special pasta with pici pasta. The ravioli came wrapped in foil as it had been baked and created almost a stew. Rich flavors. The carbonara was unlike anything I have had before. Amazing. Others order the T-bone steak which was huge and cooked perfectly. The wine selection was amazing and we bought a bottle to go of one of our favorites. I suggest making reservations ahead of time as it was pretty packed when we were there. I am coming back to Florence just for the carbonara from La Buchetta.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

One word sums up our meal...delizioso! Fabulous Tuscan fare yet modestly priced. My wife and I could not have been more pleased. Top notch service in an intimate, cozy setting; never did we feel rushed. If you like a true carpaccio, La Chianina is a must and the finest we have ever had. Although we had a prenotazione, a reservation, we did see others walk in and get seated. Nevertheless, would recommend since the La Buchetta, the Little Hole, has limited seating. Buono Pasto!

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Where do I even begin with this restaurant?
There aren't enough great things to say! First off the staff is absolutely amazing. We went two different nights, and had Angelo as our waiter. He made us feel so at home and completely welcome. The menu is in all Italian but he didn't complain once when we asked what a few of the dishes were.
The ravioli was to die for and the chocolate cake is out of this world.
I wish that this place was in California because I would eat there once a week! Can't recommend this place enough, and I hope that everyone gets the experience of eating here while in florence!