“Perfecto”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: Visit the first Brunelleschi Palazzo, in the hearth of Florence, and experience a Gourmet's lounge with a flavour of contemporary art. Open from 8,00 a.M. To 2.00 Am next morning. For breakfast, lunch, dinner, aperitive and wine tasting.
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Went to this delightful restaurant on reviews on TripAdvisor and boy are they spot on!!!Beautiful cosy romantic restaurant nestled by the Ponte Alle Grazie bridge.Greeted by warm welcome and restaurant quite full @2,30 so glad we booked.Had gorgeous starter of various meats and cheeses.Then Ravioli in a outstanding sauce which was devine..The GnocchI in Gorgonzola another classic.A woman beside us was telling us how good the Choc torta so we had to try and as she said was amazing...All washed down with beautiful bottle of Chanti ....Go and Enjoy

1  Thank IRISHYIDDO
There are newer reviews for La Buchetta Food & Wine

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I first visited Buchetta with a friend of mine a couple of days after it opened. The street presence of La Buchetta is warm and inviting and had caught my eye even before my friend suggested we meet there for a drink. I've visited Buchetta for just drinks, drinks and dessert, and of course for a full Italian meal. It is a dimly lit, romantic spot that is intimate and cozy all at the same time. The back room offers a beautiful view of a historic courtyard, which is best viewed if you come during lunch. The wine selection is extensive and the menu is perfectly selected with fresh ingredients daily.

I come from the city of Chicago, and I am certainly a self described "foodie". I've lived in Florence for over 2 years, and the service provided by Maurizio and his staff at La Buchetta cannot be rivaled. They make you feel comfortable and give intuitive suggestions for a meal you won't forget! I've dined at Buchetta a dozen times and I am NEVER disappointed. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Florence, and I wouldn't be surprised if people love it so much they go more than once on their trip.

The house antipasto tray filled with meats, cheeses and crostini is a great way to start, or share with wine for a light dinner. You can't leave La Buchetta without trying one of the scrumptious desserts! My favorite is the homemade cheesecake.

If you want an unforgettable dining experience in Florence, La Buchetta is your number one spot to hit. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank bambinaxo
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We came across this restaurant and loved the authentic look of it, the menu is in Italian however the owner was very accommodating and explained the menu for us. He specializes in meat and cheese so it was only fair we tied both, and we were blown away by the quality and freshness of the food, even the mozz cheese is made on site, infact you can see his kitchen from the window and see the food being prepared which we loved. The owner made us feel relaxed and at ease and was very welcoming and friendly, he's proud of what he does and rightly so! By far the best desserts of our trip were had here, the chocolate torte and the pannacotta very fresh and homemade, he even paired up drinks well for the desserts which we appreciated. We loved it so much we went back the next day for lunch and had the best Lasagne ever, so much flavour in the meat it's taken the crown away from the mother in laws lasagne it was that good. If you're here even for a day you need to make sure you visit this little gem, we certainly will do next time we're there, fantastic experience!!

1  Thank RossSh
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is a typical Italian restaurant which looks nothing from the outside but once you are in the door things certainly change. The proprietor was very charming and took great pride in going through the menu in detail describing each dish with gusto. The food was very well cooked and the enormous portions took some devouring! The only slight criticism I have is that the dishes we chose would have been better with a side order of vegetables as eating a plate of just meat can become a bit monotonous. All in all a good restaurant which I would certainly go back to.

1  Thank The_Wild_Edge
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My friend and I dined at La Buchetta this evening and we had a wonderful experience and are hoping to come back again with more friends. I ordered the Gnocchi which was divine and my friend ordered the lasagna which she says is the best she has ever had here. We are both American students and we agree that this was the friendliest service we have had so far in Italy. I would 100% recommend this place. Very nice atmosphere as well!

1  Thank sasha18x