“Excellent atmosphere & even better food!”

La Buchetta Food & Wine
Ranked #27 of 2,763 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: Visit the first Brunelleschi Palazzo, in the hearth of Florence, and experience a Gourmet's lounge with a flavour of contemporary art. Open from 8,00 a.M. To 2.00 Am next morning. For breakfast, lunch, dinner, aperitive and wine tasting.
Florence, Italy
“Excellent atmosphere & even better food!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife's office is 1 block from La Buchetta and after frequenting all of the local places like Moyo, Oibo and the countless places offering cheap panino's, we opted for something new and gave La Buchetta a chance. Let's just say we have been going back every day since then. The food, the atmosphere and the service is amazing! The lasagna is to die for and the gnocchi is out of this world! I haven't ordered a salad yet but from the looks of it, they are huge and looks really tasty! We've now recruited a bunch of my wife's co-workers who all seem to agree on how great of a restaurant this is!

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I decided to book this lovely restaurant after reading the wonderful reviews and I was not disappointed! I took a gamble and requested a very last minute booking via the website and much to my delight, a few hours later it was confirmed. We were warmly greeted on arrival and seated straight away. We were well attended to as were each of the other groups dining at the same time. The menu is entirely in Italian but they speak perfect English and know their menu inside out so can make great suggestions and are more than happy to do so. They specialise in cured meats, cheeses and wine but do not let that stop you going for a full dinner, they have a lovely selection of primi piatti and segundi piatti as well! We had the best meal so far during our trip in Italy, starting with beef carpaccio, then a baked ravioli with capers and eggplant and the gorgonzola gnocchi. The pasta portions were full sized main portions and delicious! We saw beautiful crostini, florentine steak, and various other dishes served to the other diners. The ambience was great, cool but unpretentious with great jazz covers of popular songs playing in the background. It was a great way to end our stay in Florence, I would definitely come back if we had another chance!

Toowoomba, Australia
“Best in Florence!!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We are Australian and only had 3 nights in Florence and my husband and I went to La Buchetta last night. What a fabulous find, we had a great night. Very cosy, great atmosphere, awesome food and a guy playing the sax for entertainment! We had heard you have to try a Florence T-Bone steak, so we did! It was so incredibly good!! The hosts were so obliging, helpful and they speak perfect English! Thank you Mauritzo for providing such a fabulous authentic Italian restaurant that I will remember forever.
Fantastic!!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Loved this Florence gem”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We loved this little hole-in-the-wall (see the prints in the back room and hear the owner's story). Unbelievably good Gorgonzola gnocchi, and the great beef stew, peposo were highlights. Everything was fresh and wonderful, the hosts were delightful and spoke perfect English for us. Highly recommended in the Central Storico area (we were staying at the Bernini near Piazza del Signoria).

Visited January 2014
Florence, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional food with a twist of fun!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

As a seasoned traveler and someone who eats out often I must say "La Buchetta" offers a cozy atmosphere with a twist of fun! The food and staff are exceptional. My friends and I go in often for their live music and appertivo, it is always a blast!
Maurizio did an fantastic job creating a new hot spot in our little town Florence.