“A touch of Milanese chic in Florence”

La Buchetta Food & Wine restaurant
Ranked #25 of 2,823 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: Visit the first Brunelleschi Palazzo, in the hearth of Florence, and experience a Gourmet's lounge with a flavour of contemporary art. Open from 12.00 To 15.00 and from 19.00 to 23.00 , lunch and dinner. You can teste our traditional and creative cousine. is better to reserve a table thank you soo much.
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The service was good especially with the personal touch of hosts. The food was delicious and the wines recommended excellent. We enjoyed the warm up after dinner and liked the fact that the customers were Florentines. We were told that they also serve before dinner drinks and have brunch on Sundays. Compared to a lot of other places in Florence we found La Buchetta's decor comfortably chic.

1  Thank 46Rachel

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Last week I went to dinner with my friend.
We go there often to make an aperitive or a drink after dinner, but never eat.
the place is very amazing, warm, smiling people, friendly, and available ...
you immediately feel at home and among friends.
the food is very good and the place is very near to local club and to the most beautiful local of the city.
Will definitely be back

2  Thank Federicas187895
Reviewed February 22, 2012

For someone who has lived over 4 years in Florence, a place La Buchetta really came to rescue last year. Its very non-Florentine atmosphere (in a good way!), amazing staff and delicious selection of wines and food make it a perfect aperitivo/early night place to relax and socialize with friends. Despite of its location at the end of the 'American Street', its clients are mostly locals and slightly older than the average customers in the neighborhood. I'm biased, as I have known the people working there for years, but I can but really warmly recommend La Buchetta! <3 La Buchetta - La Mia Famiglia Fiorentina <3

Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon in Florence, and we stumbled upon La Buchetta Cafe quite serendipitously, as it turns out. The owners - Paolo and Gabriella - are gracious and welcoming, the food is excellent, and the atmosphere is comfortable and cozy.

On our last night in Florence, we returned to La Buchetta and had a tasting type meal, which was exquisite.....

While in Florence, stop by La Buchetta for a relaxing evening of fine wine, fine food, and great service!

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I can't do justice by trying to top the other reviews written here (who said people have lost the ability to write well!), so I'll just tell you my experience and impressions. I happened upon this fantastic little restaurant in the midst of a three-week solo trip through France, Italy and Greece. In a trip of many highlights, this was a highlight of the highlights! Firstly, the food is delicious and healthful. This is not your typical "tourist" Italian restaurant - this is the real thing. Second, the decor and atmosphere give rise to a feeling of real comfort and warmth. Third - but most important in my personal experience - is the quality of people. Owners Paulo and Gabriella are warm, interesting, knowledgeable, and most gracious hosts. If you happen to meet their lovely daughter Guilia, a bonus! Bartender Marco is a first-rate guy as well. Whenever I get back to Florence, this will be my first stop. If you go, be sure to say a few words to Paulo and/or Gabriella.
A personal note to Paulo, Gabriella and Marco - thank you, thank you, thank you :)
Jeff