We took our granddaughter on a trip to five cities in Italy for her 13th birthday and this was her favorite hotel - we loved it too. Even with booking two connecting rooms, it was our least expensive hotel of the trip. This small hotel is located on a hill above the quieter side of the Arno and the view is spectacular. The grounds are beautiful with extensive gardens and a pool. We really enjoyed getting out of the bustle of the city to a quiet place at the end of the day, but one that was only 10 minutes from the sites. It is a redone Renaissance villa with rooms tucked in odd places throughout. it really stimulated our granddaughter's imagination and she loved running around the grounds with other children she met. There is a lovely place for breakfast and a light lunch, but no dinner is served. It is not, however, your typical hotel. Sometimes there was no one at the front desk, room decor is quite individual, and service could be a bit spotty, but it you're looking for a beautiful, quiet and unique place with easy access to Florence, this may be it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13th.century historical tower with extraordinary view of Florence, a stone's throw from the city, yet a country haven of peace and silence. Each room, very large, has its own character with antique furniture. Modern bathrooms and facilities. Vast garden with outdoor swimming pool. Extremely friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Torre di Bellosguardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Hotel Florence
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Florence