The Torre Di Bellosguardo is the perfect hotel for a quiet stay outside of the city. The view from our room was a panoramic view of the city, with the Duomo at the center. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. The staff is wonderful, and always on call.
The hotel is a 7-12 euro taxi ride from the major tourist attractions. You can also walk it, but my husband has a bad ankle from an accident, so we chose taxis.
Florence was at the end of a three city trip, so it was nice to be outside the city. The grounds are beautiful! The afternoon we arrived, we spent our time just walking the gardens. After doing the tourist things the next couple of days, we ended the evenings in the hotel bar. There are only sixteen rooms in the whole property, so we actually hardly ever saw another guest.
While we were there, some repairs were being done. Even the local repairman was taking pictures of the view from the hotel.
We didn't eat at the hotel, so I can't say anything about the food. They serve a light lunch around the pool, and bring dinner up from a local restaurant each night. We did eat at one of the restaurants they recommend, at it was wonderful.
This place is the perfect combination of old world charm with first class service. If we ever go back to Florence, we would not consider staying anywhere else. I asked my husband what the best part of the trip was, and he said the hotel Torre Di Bellosguardo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13th.century historical tower with extraordinary view of Florence, a stone's throw from the city, yet a country haven of peace and silence. Each room, very large, has its own character with antique furniture. Modern bathrooms and facilities. Vast garden with outdoor swimming pool. Extremely friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Torre Di Bellosguardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Hotel Florence
- Torre Di Bellosguardo Florence