Hotel Savoy
Hotel Brunelleschi(Florence)
Costantini(Florence)
De Lanzi(Florence)
1,043 results
All reviewsrocco fortepiazza dellaperfect locationexecutive roomwalk in closetexcellent hotelfour seasonsfive star hotelour honeymoonbeautiful citygelatowithin easy walking distancevisiting florencearound the cornerrepublicaconciergedoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We stayed in Savoy for 3 days during our 2 week eurotrip. Excellent property, trully 5 star place. Nice decoration, super clean and cool, outstanding service and concierge. Super location right on the Piazza Republica in the middle and close to EVERYTHING. Cant imagine better place in Florence.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alexshulman
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Doormen were excellent. They were very spontaneous and helpful in greeting us. Concierge staff were very good. Made reservations for us and had a book that we could flip through for restaurant/activities etc.

We stayed in the hotel in 2 stages in between we travelled elsewhere in Italy for several days.

On the first stay, we got a room facing the back alley with no view. This was very unpleasant considering the prices.

The bed in that room was bumpy and the reception lady who served me was seemingly shocked when I brought this to her attention when checking out for the first time. No apologies offered. BTW her name is Victoria. She was the one person in the whole hotel that I fould unbearable!

On our second stint, we got a nice room facing the piazza. This view and its location is the only saving grace of the hotel. The reception staff are not helpful. Please do not ask for a late checkout no matter how late your flight is in the evening. When I asked during the second check in, the guy who helped me said he would get back to me, Of course he didn't. One day later asked again and our "friend "Victoria reluctantly gave us an extra hour.

The forgot to give us the complimentary newspapers during the second stay.

The letter they give you on the night before checkout shouldn't give the impression that you have a say in the checkout time. It really is entirely up to victoria to decide!

Restaurant staff always standing around talking amongst themselves.

Food is very overpriced even considering the location etc. Poor choices very limited menu. Breakfast buffet unimpressive.

I am going back to florence soon, I will certainly try my best not to stay at the savoy. I would expect more at these prices. They should send their staff to villa il patriaca in Chiusi for training on hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lordelk
Reviewed September 28, 2009

The Savoy charges for its great location, but rooms are not worth the price. Paying 442 Euros per night we expected a truly 5 star experience. Service was good, specially the Concierge which was very helpful in tours and restaurant reservations. Rooms are not that impressive. Maybe having linen sheets is nice, but not comfortable, would prefer cotton, same case with towels. The hotel has central Air Conditioning, weather was kind of cold in Florence, so was the A/C. We turned it off, but air was still coming out, so rooms are not that cozy. We expected free internet, but they charge 20 euros per day. Room floors where very dirty. Our room was supposed to be a non smoking, but I found ash below the working desk and stayed there for 4 days. Breakfast food was fine, but for 32 euros per person a day I expected much better quality and choices (eggs not included).

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank jpmex
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My wife and I and our 13 month baby just finished a 4 night stay at the Savoy in Florence. We couldn't have had a better time. It's billed as the best 5 star hotel in Florence and from my experience I'd say it would be almost impossible to beat it based on our experience.

We have been on a 6 week trip throughout Europe and Florence was one of the last cities before heading back home. We planned the trip over a year ago and feel blessed that the entire trip went perfectly.

I booked directly with the hotel last year. Booking was very quick and easy online and they emailed me an immediate confirmation. The location was PERFECT literally right in front of the Piazza della Republica. You literally walk out of the doors to the hotel and you are right in the heart of the action.

We arrived via train from Milan. A short 2 hour trip via the Eurostar and there are plenty of taxis right outside of the train station. It's only a 5 minute taxi ride from the train station but it would be difficult to walk if you have luggage with the cobblestone streets and traffic. A taxi ride from the train station to the hotel was €10. Keep in mind it seems like the taxis charge some surcharge the more bags you have.

We arrived at the hotel and they allowed us to check in even though it was before the check in time and they had everything ready including the baby crib we requested. Our suite was gorgeous and spacious. The building is beautiful and the rooms as well were beautiful. Judging from the decor they renovated the hotel not too long ago. The bathroom was very spacious and wall to wall beautiful Italian marble.

We had a walk in closet and floor to ceiling windows. There are really high ceilings as well which was beautiful and made the room feel even bigger. Our room had a large LCD TV and a desk and work area and sofa. Electronic safe and roomy mini bar with fridge was also in the room.

Even the hallways and staircase were really beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly and there was always a doorman that greeted us by name and always was extremely friendly. The concierge was very friendly helping with any questions we had. One night we decided we wanted a babysitter and the concierge set it all up for us. We inquired about it one night before heading out for dinner and by the time we came back from dinner they had already confirmed it for the next night. Less than 24 hours notice. He informed us there was no minimum time frame and the charge was €20 ($29) per hour which was really convenient for us.

We would highly recommend Alessandra which was the babysitter they sent. She arrived on time and she even brought a bag of toys with her! We thought that was extremely thoughtful. Her English was good and she inquired about several things before we left. We bathed, fed and changed the diaper so all she had to do was put the baby to sleep but she played with the baby before sleep time. When we arrived home she was reading a book and the baby was sleeping. We booked for 4 hours.

The maids did a great job every day cleaning the room and they had a turn down service at night as well. Nothing could have been better! They do such a great job. Everyone was always so friendly. We didn't want to leave. I told the man at the checkout it was great and they do a great job and he asked if we were ready to book for next year. I pointed to my wife's belly (she is 6.5 months pregnant) and said it was hard to plan with the new baby coming. Definitely we will be back to the hotel in the future.

I came to Florence for the first time about 7 years ago. I had planned to come with a girlfriend but I broke up with her a few days before the trip and ended up coming to Florence alone. I swore to myself it was too darn romantic and the next time I came back it would be when I was in love. So it was especially fitting that I came back with my wife and new baby. The hotel did a great job of helping to make our trip wonderful.

Definitely I'd highly recommend this hotel for those that want a 5 star experience from start to finish. The hotel is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World and definitely deserve its ranking.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank saintba
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I had just gotten off of a Crystal Cruise and decided to stay longer in Florence! The Savoy seemed like an excellent choice. I was not disappointed!
My room was clean and gorgeous. Everything about the room, the bathroom, the view, the linens, etc.
My first time in Florence by myself I didn't realize where the hotel was located. I asked the hotel to arrange for a car to pick me up at the train station! haha...the hotel was minutes away!! Not necessary at all! I could have walked!
The staff at the front desk always courteous and helpful. Even the doorman even helped me locate where I was going for the day! I was given maps and directions with helpful hints. They recommended local hangouts, restaurants and gelato shops.
However, my first day there, I was tired and just wanted a snack before dinner. I went down to the restaurant and asked if I could sit outside. The host took me to a table directly in front of a planter of "shrubs"...my view of anything was totally blocked on two sides!! And I was one of only two people seated outside! I asked could I sit at another table and he said they were preparing those tables for the dinner seating and that was all he had at the moment. While I sat waiting for my drink, a couple came in and asked to sit at the EXACT table I had inquired about two minutes earlier and he obliged!!! Without one word! I was furious!! I proceeded to get up and tell him exactly what I thought about his attitude and left!
I did let the management know immediately. Not what I expected from this caliber of a hotel. I stayed here for about 4 days? The rest of my stay was most pleasant, but I avoided the restaurant.
If money is no object, the location of the Savoy is the best in the city!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo