Hotel Savoy
Hotel Brunelleschi(Florence)
Costantini(Florence)
De Lanzi(Florence)
1,043 results
All reviewsrocco fortepiazza dellaperfect locationexecutive roomwalk in closetexcellent hotelfour seasonsfive star hotelour honeymoonbeautiful citygelatowithin easy walking distancevisiting florencearound the cornerrepublicaconciergedoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I booked my stay as a 3 night break via British Airways. Having read previous revews regarding small rooms and noise, I emailed the hotel prior to my arrival, asking for a higher floor room. I received a prompt reply, and was warmly welcomed on arrival.
The staff were utterly charming and nothing was ever too much trouble. I had asked for an electric kettle, tea etc, and all promptly provided.
My room,a standard double, was far bigger than I'd expected and the bathroom was even bigger! Noise was certainly not an issue as the double glazed windows and the window shutters kept all noise out. Ample wardrobe space with a surpus of hangers, lovely fluffy towels and dressing gown and the room was kept immaculately clean.
I had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel, and the quality of the food, presentation and service were all faultless. I particularly enjoyed eating or drinking on the exterior pavement terrace, which was well shaded and a wonderful location for watching the activities in the Piazza. The concierge services were excellent, booking museum tickets, restaurants and providing clear advice and directions. Top marks!
I would warmly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for quality, comfort and impeccable services.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mcpinder
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights when travelling around in Europe celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary.
We had a lovely stay. Very helpful and dedicated professional staff from the doorman to the front desk and the concierge. They never hesitated to ask for help. Got some really good recommendations for delicious gelato and also local restaurants to taste the best of Italy :)

One thing I missed was a nice pool to take a swim after long days of exploring and shoping.

I would like to congratulate them for the "commitment to quality award" they received for Europe 2012 from The Leading Hotels of The World.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Really good central location ideal for visiting the top tourist sites and also finding some tucked away little treasures for drinks or a delicious Italian meal. We walked everywhere saw all the sites and more.
If you want to go to the art galleries book your tickets before you go and book to go early to avoid the crowds and to enjoy your visit before the temperature gets too hot.
Comfy walking shoes and a map essential.
Gelato a must too.

Room Tip: The nature of the building means the rooms are small so go for the best you can afford, they fit all the amenities needed into limited space. Our bathroom was a little snug but we weren't in the hotel room long enough to worry about it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in September 2013 before we rented a villa nearby in Tuscany.
Right from collecting us from the airport , the service was of the highest level. Restaurant , front desk and concierge were all excellent , and the room staff were always friendly when we saw them. The guy who collected our bags when we left was particularly impressive!
Rooms were big enough , everything worked , didn't like the fact we had to pay for WIFI (that really is bad form!) and the views were great over the square.
It wasn't too noisy even given the very central location, which was perfect for getting round this lovely city.
Breakfast choice was good , although a little cramped at the buffet shelf. The evening meal on the small street side area was very good , great service in a great setting , of course more expensive than local restaurants but not excessively so.
Its not a big hotel but it is very comfortable and I wouldn't hesitate to go again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the square , and of course higher levels are best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank njb911
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a 3 stop honeymoon. This hotel is without a doubt the best hotel we have ever stayed in from a service perspective. The team are so genuine, helpful and pro-active, you get the sense they truly love working there and want to help you. This is a level beyond the slick but impersonal service we often see at other 5 star hotels. This plus a beautiful room, perfect location and knockout Aperol Spritz mean we'll be back.
Bw, use the concierge to get you museum tickets - means you can avoid the long queues on the doors. Genius.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple