“Very kind and helpful”

Ranked #36 of 421 Hotels in Florence
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very kind and helpful”
Reviewed October 17, 2004

Just returned from a 2 week cycling trip to Tuscany and I'd like to say that this hotel was my favorite. Although I was only able to stay with them one night (it is popular) they went out of their way to help me and took extra steps to make my travel easier (and that's saying alot with a bike case in tow). I also stayed at the Hotel d'Lanzi upon arrival into Florence, which was good and had a great location, but I much preferred the experience at Hotel Casci!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Roseville,CA
Reviewed October 8, 2004

We stayed at the Hotel Casci in Florence, Italy from September 30 to Oct. 2. Finding the hotel is tricky so if you are driving, be ABSOLUTELY SURE to get directions from them before you go. Don't attempt to use street maps. Driving in Florence is a bit crazy. Paolo greeted us very nicely and showed us our room. We loved the bathtub and how clean it was. We loved the internet computer they had in the lobby to keep in touch with family. The breakfast is a bit skimpy but you can always get a piece of fruit from a market below. Excellent, excellent service from the entire staff in all areas.
Overall, we were very satisfied with the hospitality and service we received from this family. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a central location in Florence (5 minutes to Duomo, 10 minutes to Uffizi/Ponte Vecchio).

• Stayed October 2004
2 Thank Tim C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 9, 2004

We stayed at Hotel Casci for 4 days in August 2003. We loved Florence and our stay at Hotel Casci was really comfortable. It is centrally located within walking distance to the museums, the Duomo and restaurants. The staff was really helpful. The evening staff person went out of his way to assist us with details of the bus and train service to Pisa. Breakfast had the homely touch. Though the furniture was pretty old the cleanliness and neatness in the room made it worth the stay. We most definitely recommend Hotel Casci for your stay in Florence.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rockford, IL
Reviewed August 30, 2004

I am beginning to plan my tenth trip to Italy. The last two trips I have stayed at the Casci. And I will certainly stay there again.
I also have recommended it to two groups of friends. Both groups agreed the Casci is a great place to stay.
Location can hardly be topped. The staff is helpful an friendly. The breakfast is very good. The rooms are very clean. And the free Internet access is certainly a plus.

• Stayed May 2004
2 Thank JoanRockford
England
Reviewed August 30, 2004

This hotel rating is off the chart for comfort! Be ready tho feel like you are the long lost loved family member. The welcome is very genuine and carring. It brings tears to my eyes to remember how well my children, husband, and I were treated there.
The front desk help is out of this world. They have a large library of tour maps and books just waiting to help you in every way posible. The computer is free to use for the guests.

Due to a miscommunication, (my fault) the young man of casci jumped on his bike and road as fast as he could to catch us at the train station before we left to assure we had our tickets printed off the computer properly. He saved us!!!!! We would have had the wrong computer form printed out.

I whitnessed at this hotel a lifestyle of unselfish giving. One young lad behind the counter happily looked away from his Olimpic teams match to help guests. He never looked at the TV until his guests didn't need him anymore. Never gave anyone the feeling that they were interupting anything even though you could see his love for his team.

The rooms are VERY CLEAN! The linins were very high quality like a 5 star hotel. My children loved this hotel the way they were loved by the staff at casci.

You get far MORE VALUE then you pay for! Memories of true Italian hospitaty. The beds were comfortable. TV good. They poured my wine, answered everyones questions with cheer in his heart. Best hotel experience in my life! And I have stayed many grand places around the world. This is a perfectly cut precious diamond. No rough edges. There was also a sence of protection and privacy. Being a woman and traveling with children I felt assured with the staff at the desk.

The rooms include a small fridge but doesn't get cold only cool.
The bath tub in our room was huge and special. The towels were so huge and nice I truely want to buy some sets.
The only thing you are missing is very rare expensive artwork in the rooms. Its in the hallway. Take a look.
My highest recomendation goes to hotel casci.

• Stayed January 2005
9 Thank TravelLadynow
South Carolina
Reviewed August 26, 2004

A friend and I stayed here for 6 nights in August 2004 - it was great. The room was small but very clean. The staff was extremely helpful - including letting us borrow a few of their travel books (from a huge collection) for a day trip excursion. The morning breakfast offered a perfect start to each day. The hotel is centrally located - within walking distance to everything and a taxi to the airport was roughly 20Euro. I'd definitely stay here again. They also offer free internet for you to check your email.

• Stayed August 2004
2 Thank DCL1969
London
Reviewed August 9, 2004

I stayed here with my wife, sister-in-law and mother-in-law for 4 nights.
The staff are so helpful suggesting restaurants, trips and places to visit. They even called one restaurant a friend had recommended and reserved a table for us.
The location is superb allowing you access to the Duomo and markets a few minutes walk from the front door.
The facilities are fairly basic but at the prices and given the location and superb staff you can't go wrong.
We changed our reservation details a couple of times and nothing was too much trouble, including emailing me details on local parking arrangments.
They helped to make our stay even more fun and memorable. Grazie!

Thank OLi.