Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM

from $30.51
from $65.54
from $30.00
30,962 results
All reviews musical instruments michelangelo's david unfinished works the main attraction real david skip the line the real thing small museum worth the wait long line firenze card awe inspiring wait in line pre book works of art guided tour ticket office
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Interesting background to the Accademia being a school, but seeing David and learning more about the masterpiece was great. I do not think I've seen a more stunning piece of artwork in my life. Glad we had a tour to hear all about the marble, the imperfections, his intended placement.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Engrossing. Be prepared to spend at least half a day. You can spend a full day and still not do justice.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

just go. it's David. by Michelangelo. You go to Florence and don't go HERE? What's the matter with you?

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When visiting 'David', set yourself up at the entrance in the long hallway where you will see David in the distance... but before reaching David you'll need to take in the "Non-finitos" and "Prisoners or Slaves" (the "unfinished" sculptures)... These "Non-finitos" have a story of their own (research it or get the audio guides)...

Once you eventually reach David - you will take your appreciation of Michelangelo's mastery to an overwhelming feeling of wonder...

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We got the tickets booked and secured opening appointment. It is worth making this early visit. A bit confusing initially since I was not sure if I had to get the tickets before queuing up. I had the print out with me and the staff asked me to join the line. We went in and after security check a counter was open to issue tickets. And even better they issued the Uffizi tickets as well that we booked for next day. We chose to drop the bags off as well to explore unhindered.

There were just 5 of us when we reached David. We could gaze long for 15 minutes admiring the work to our hearts content. Took some quick pics as well. And then the dam burst open. Suddenly there were hundreds and remained the same till the end.

Do go to the first floor if you can. There is a cool painting with symbols from crucifixation explained. Further the movie on how panel paining is done was very cool. It is only 5-6 minutes long but very insightful.

Finally the shop downstairs - shout out to the gent who packed our stuff patiently when he knew it was going a long distance. Lovely service with a smile.

Enjoyable visit altogether.