“Don't just go to see David”
Review of Accademia Gallery

Ranked #6 of 443 things to do in Florence
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Europe's first school of drawing, this museum of art is chiefly famous for its several sculptures by Michelangelo, notably his David, in addition to an extensive collection of 15th- and 16th-century paintings.
Wallingford, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Don't just go to see David”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Arrive at 8.00 for the 8.15 opening and this will take a couple of hours - and you'll actually get to see David. But there's so much more in this amazing museum

• Chinese (Traditional) first
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“It does not disappoint”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Wonderful, beautiful statue, world class art. Will leave you speechless, DO NOT MISS. Go look for it, it will not disappoint you.

Amsterdam
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Book this Ahead of time”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great Mueseum. BUT, book ahead of time. If you have a limited time in Florence, you will lose at least a few hours standing in line to buy a ticket and then waiting for your scheduled time for a visit (note the Doumo is a short walk, so you can walk there, visit and come back in a couple of hours). A must visit if only to see the David.

1 Thank Neill B
bedford
“unhelpful staff and dodgy tabacchi shop”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I visited the gallery last week.

I booked tickets in advance but I hadn't received the confirmation email before arriving in Italy so I was unable to print off the relevant voucher.

When I arrived at the ticket office I showed the lady my email which had my reservation number, password, times, codes etc on it which I thought would be sufficient. She told me that I needed to print off the email at the tabacchi just down the road.

I went to the tabacchi and the gentleman was very helpful. I gave him my email address and the password that had been given to me by the gallery to access the voucher. He tried to log in but he kept on saying that it wasn't working. He invited me to log onto my emails on his computer so i could do it myself, which I did.

I logged onto my emails and printed off the voucher which was great. I then went to log off my emails and the gentleman quickly closed the internet explorer so I was unable to. I then went back onto the internet explorer and went to my hotmail account which was still active on his computer so I could log off.

I am convinced that this gentleman did not want me to log off of my emails so that he could access all of my personal details himself and cause havoc and possible criminal and fraudulent offences.

I spent the rest of my holiday worrying that this gentleman had accessed my personal information. So far I can not see that he has but I will have to keep my fingers crossed.

David is impressive but the rest of the gallery is dull, unless you are interested in religious icons.

Eugene Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Davide, magnifico!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This amazingly beautiful statue is the highlight of the museum. You can stand right next to it and see every detail. While it is a small museum all of the art there is magnificent. We love this museum.

Visited May 2012