“the saddest free tour experience I've ever hed”
Review of Florence Free Tour

Florence Free Tour
Ranked #63 of 361 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Florence Free Tour is the original walking tour of Florence. It is FREE, no tariff is applied or asked. Our professional guides work on a tip only basis and their motivation and your generosity will allow to continue these services. We offer 2 daily tours starting from Santa Maria Novella church.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If your guide is Filippo you should run away and come next time, see if he is there again. Fillipo is totally not gifted guid, he didn't smiled even once, no interesting anegdots, no amusement, no excitement. This tour was extremely borking. I am sorry for that, I love free tours but this one is just an essence of all the bad stereotypes about guided tours.

1  Thank Magdalena L

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend taking both tours your first day in city. We enjoyed both tours although preferred the morning one- probably because it was a shorter distance but seemed to contain a lot more information and history. The afternoon seemed more focused on art throughout the city (we are just not huge appreciators of art, personal preference) - would be interesting if that was your cup of tea. Would have been much more interesting to us if we hadn't already walked circles around city on our own.

Daniel is a very knowledgeable, interesting guide. He is friendly and easy to understand. Can't beat the price!

3  Thank Lissa2868
Reviewed June 15, 2013

About 13 of us waited for 40 minutes for a guide to show up for the 2:00 tour. At least send a messenger to let folks know. There is a pay toilet in the plaza near where we all gathered.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have dne a lot of walking tour all round Europe which have been fantastic so I suppose we had high expectations of this one. The tour guide that took us obviously had a lot of knowledge about the history of Florence but it was not delivered to you in the best way. The group was fairly big and so hard to keep up through the streets of Florence and then by the time you reached the tour guide he was half way through what he was saying. Compared to the other tours we have been on this was a bit like a school trip with your teacher overloading you with boring information. I would recommend exploring the city yourself.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband, our daughters (in their 20's), and I took both tours in one day in late May. Our guide was Stephen (I think!), and he was very knowledgeable and gave us lots of information as well as sprinklings of humor concerning the history of Florence. He was waiting where the internet information said he would be, and he was very pleasant to talk to and patient with our questions. The tours give a really good overview and help to get to know your way around the city. We would definitely recommend them to others, especially since Florence isn't particularly easy to find your way around on your own.