Hotel Maxim
Hotel Villani(Florence)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Bigallo(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationtrain stationyogurtbasic hotelbest featurethe staff was friendly and helpfulpalazzo vecchiocentral locationrecommend this hotelyour luggagesmall bathroomold buildingair conditioningminute walkstreet noisebreakfast roomgelateria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The other reviews pretty sum up what you need to know about this place. Don't be put off by the fact that the entrance is more like going into a condo or B&B and not an actual big city hotel. The staff are very helpful and accommodating and you won't find a more central location at such a good price. Note, because this hotel is so central, it gets very loud at night with street performers going on late into the night. The breakfast is excellent. Don't bring a car into central Florence, it's more of a pain that a help -- take the train. We asked the Hotel staff to make our reservations at the Uffizi and Accademia and they did so at no charge. We really appreciated that. It is a 10 min walk to both locations from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zipz503
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Within the shadow of duomo, and on principal street, you are at the center of it all. The staff is excellent helpful, and went out of their way when I made an error in my booking, maxim and hotel axial share same building and support staff so if one is booked try the other reasonable rates either one, they are not fancy but basic and good breakfast with ur room. Once u get to hotel door buzz yourself in at the door bells to the rite upper left of door, I was there 2 nites and the street below had 2 parades and in evening one corner had an exciting street performer w/ lively crowds the other corner a classic violinist. Which quite at 11 pm , so if you must have ur window open it will be noisey a while on weekends, but there is a/c if u need it. I like the street noise myself since it quits at 11 I can get some sleep. Love love the staff and this set of hotels, run by same company

Room Tip: Ck websites for best rate
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is located between the Duomo and Piazza Signori. It is on Via Del Calzaiuoli which is noted for shopping and is located in the Limited Traffic Zone. We walked to all the sights and never needed a cab or bus. There are plenty of great restaurants within walking distance. It is a very safe area. The hotel itself is a very basic no frills and lean. It includes breakfast. The staff is very helpful especially Lorella. We arrived by car and a valet parking service picked it up and kept it for 3 days (25 euros each day) and returned it when we checked out. We would definitely stay again. It was very convenient to take a break between sights.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Although my room this time was tiny (last year when I travelled with my family we had a spacious room at this hotel, this year I travelled solo) and a little old, it was still clean and very well maintained. The hotel is in a prime position and although my room faced one of the main thoroughfares in Florence, my sleep was not disturbed at all with my window closed. Air conditioned and comfortable, the breakfast is delicious with an excellent spread and many options. I will return again to Hotel Maxim when I go back to Florence.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The hotel was in a great location and within walking distance for most things Having been in Florence 6 years ago then we already knew our way round.
Staff were very friendly unlike snobby staff in our Milan hotel
Breakfast was good and plenty to eat
Greta hotel if you are on a budget
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Earplugs if you dont like the sound of the bells
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple