“Perfect !”
Review of Grand Hotel Cavour

Grand Hotel Cavour
Ranked #85 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel is perfectly located in Florence, rooms were very nice and the most important: the staff was very kind. There was a group of noisy people between our room and they changed our room. They were very sorry even if it was not there fault.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Christophe B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,871)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The South Jersey Ski Club group of 53 returned from a three night stay at the Grand Hotel Cavour a mere 3 days ago! We were in Florence as an add-on trip of 3 nights and 2.5 days after a week of skiing in Cortina d'Ampezzo.
As group leader, I wish to thank Letizia and the entire staff of the hotel for their patience with our group and for their help in making our check-in and check-out as painless as they possibly could have been. The new regulations regarding the entry and exit from the city centre for large groups on tour busses make the entire process a huge challenge, but they made it work! Thanks also to them for their help in procuring a wheelchair and setting up a handicapped room and ramp for the member of our group who had been injured in Cortina. I really appreciate all the staff did for her.
The rooms in this hotel are small but very well appointed for the most part, and many of them have views that are truly incredible. There is nothing like waking up to a view of the Palazzo Vecchio and the Bargello tower!! Everyone loved the rooftop bar on the two beautiful evenings that we were lucky enough to experience, and despite the multitude of trips I have made to Florence in my life, I have never seen such views as those I experienced from that bar on the crystal clear evening of 25 January!!
The 6th floor breakfast room is large and lovely, and the choice of foods available had to be pleasing to even the pickiest of eaters. We also appreciated the size and grandeur of the common areas in the lobby as we gathered at check-in and check-out. Thanks also for the use of a flip chart that allowed me to inform our group of the daily schedule. That made a big difference in my ability to communicate with a large and disparate group.
My only complaints about the hotel would have to be the unusual odors emanating from some of the corridors. I have to attribute that to the ongoing renovations at the hotel, and I would suspect that once all construction is complete that those odors will be a thing of the past. There is also some street noise, primarily loud voices of people returning from evening revelry. This cannot be helped in a city with narrow streets first built in Roman times!
For location the Grand Hotel Cavour cannot be beat. ALL of the main attractions of this incredibly historic city are within no more than a 5-10 minute walk by even the slowest of walkers!
I recommend this hotel without a moments hesitation, and groups are well taken care of here!

Room Tip: The rooms to the left when exiting the elevator seem to be better than those to the right. Also, roo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Great location and hotel! Being my first trip to Europe, I was nervous and stalked online reviews. I promised myself, when we got back I would write reviews for everything...6 months late, but here goes.

I was very impressed with the Grand Hotel Cavour. About a 15-20 min walk from the train station. We managed with our bags walking to/from the train station, but I know taxis are also available. The hotel is in a great location/walking distance of everything around Florence. We had a superior double room and it was great! The room was small, as expected, but the decor was cute and the bed comfortable. The bathroom could use some TLC. I was not a fan of the shower with the wood floor. The bathroom just looked run down. The breakfast was good with many options to choose from (though they were the same each day). The service staff at breakfast were welcoming and efficient. The room was made up each day when we returned in the evening and the front desk staff were helpful when we asked a question. The internet was a headache. We were there for 4 nights, the second night we were able to connect my phone, but it was slow and the signal was spotty. We were never able to connect my husband's phone. The rooftop terrace was amazing!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth-Josh
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Even though the hotel is quite centre, i have expected more.
I had read that the hotel had no spa nor indoor pool and this would have been a further assist.
Breakfast was good on the whole and they also had GF packages.
Wifi in the reception air was poor, the ipads provided by the hotel didnt work well.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights, excellent location, nice hotel, room was a bit small, but this is expected in the centre of Florence. Very clean, nice bed, bathroom/shower had good water pressure. Only complaint was it was a bit noisy, it didn't bother me (I'm a heavy sleeper) but my wife was a little disturbed. Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
2  Thank Peter P
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel was a 10 min cab ride from the Trenitalia train station. My husband and I arrived in Florence after spending 8 days in Rome, we stayed in Florence for two nights before we headed south to the Amalfi coast. this hotel is very close to the Duomo, maybe a minute walking distance away. It is also very close to great shops. There is a rooftop bar which offered excellent views and it's a great place to meet and converse with fellow guests. Breakfast was included with our stay and it was amazing!!! So many options to select from and it's served on one of the top floors in a In a large dining area with several rooms. Our hotel room was spacious and clean with and the service was very warm and friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole B
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My fiancé and I are staying at Grand Hotel Cavour. We are very impressed with the hotel staff, location, and facilities. The rooms are very clean, hotel staff are helpful/friendly, and the hotel location can't be better. The hotel decor is wonderful. The hotel is absolutely perfect.